Caskett: Falling in love at school, Chapter 10

Falling in love at school/ Chapter 10

Ok Kate what's the big deal, you could commit to this and be in this little girls life forever. Or she wouldn't and break her poor heart. Was she ready to commit? Was she ready to act as an important figure in her life? Yes, yes she was, she was ready. "Ok I'm in." He smiled and nodded. "Great." "So how are we going to do it?" "Well, maybe once a week we can have dinner or something?" "Yes that sounds lovely." "Great so we good?" "We're good." "Great." He smiled and clapped his hands together."Daddy I'm done!" "Great pooch." She smiled and walked over to the kitchen, climbing up on one of the stools. "Whoa Whoa Whoa!" Rick quickly ran over and grabbed her. "Daddy!" "Careful young one." She giggled and wiggled her way out of his arms. "No Ma'm, I told you you're too young to be on these stools." "Fine." She gave a loud huff and folded her arms. "And no pouting!" She gave a growl and closed her eyes. "Ok." He sighed and put her down, "Kate can I help you!" "Sure sweetie, wanna grab the pasta for me?" "Ya!"

Running into the kitchen and grabbing the box with pasta in it, smiling as she handed it to Kate. "Thanks hun." "Ugh Huh." Watching how Kate did it seemed to make her smile . "Daddy I wanna cook like Kate!" "When you're older you can help me." "But I'm old enough now." "All, You're only 5 and still too young." Not having a nap today was getting the best of the toddler. "I am old enough!" With that last sentence she stomped her foot down and ran towards the pot that Kate had moved away from to get the seasoning. "Alyssa Don't you dare!" He was getting upset, a emotion she never really saw her father do, but the girl wouldn't listen.

She reached for the spoon on the counter and bumped into the pan. Kate quickly turned around to see sauce all over the floor. She closed her eyes and let out a breath, Now Rick was furious. "Alyssa you go upstairs right now! And apologize to Kate! That was for dinner and look what you did! Now I'm going to have to clean all of this up!." "Ri.." "No, she needs to be dealt with." Kate knew she shouldn't tell him what to do, it was his child not her's. She wasn't mad just disappointed that the sauce was ruined and all over her white shirt. Rick glanced a second at her now red stained shirt and narrowed his eyes back to the shaking and scared girl. "Ok All, since you ruined Kate's shirt you're going to pay for it with your allowance." "BUT! I was saving up for a new toy!" "Well maybe you'll still have some leftover but this is your punishment. Now go up to your room and think about what you've done." She looked up with watery eyes at Kate and lowered her head. "S..Sorry." "It's ok." She ran out of the kitchen, upstairs to her room and cried. After hearing the door close Rick rubbed his face and walked into the kitchen, "I'm really sorry you had to see that." "It's ok, I bet she's just tired." "That still doesn't make it right for her to do that." "True." "So, now should I get that already made sauce." Chuckling she nodded. "Guess so." "Ok, if you want to wait while I clean up.." "No, No. I'll help." "Kate, you do.." "Rick come on, please." "Ok." He half smiled and grabbed some paper towels. "Ready?'' "Yep." "Ok then."~

After 15 minutes of a good cleaning the floor was clean once again and new sauce in the pan. "Should I call her down?" "Maybe you should talk to her?" "No I don't think I can right now." "Want me too?" "No I couldn't ask you too." "Seriously? We made a deal that I would be in your daughter's life." "Ok, if you're sure." "I am." He half smiled and ruffled his hair. "3rd door on the right. It also says 'Ally' So you can't miss it." She laughed and nodded "Good to know." Ok Kate this shouldn't be too hard, just trying to calm a 5 yr. old kid. Finally reaching the door she needed. Kate knocked, "Who is it?" "It's Kate, Ally can we maybe talk?"

.............

ANDD HERE IS CHAPTER 10 GUYS !! ;)