Chapter 33: Meet Aaron.

Everyone was on their feet giving all their attention to the stranger Maggie and Sasha had brought. They didn't seem too concerned of him, but we sure did. I had my hand on my pistol, just to be safe. He seemed harmless, he didn't have any heavy weapons on him. And he didn't look like he was searching for a fight.

"Hi. My names Aaron." The man said while holding his hands up to show he wasn't holding any weapons.

"He said he's got a camp." Maggie spoke standing behind him.

"We have walls. It's safe, it's secure. We have people, showers, food, water, and children." Aaron said glancing at Carl, Judith and I.

"I have some photos in my bag if you want to take a look at them" Aaron said sounding happy and proud. Which concerned me. He started explaining things about this 'town' and Rick stepped forward.

"We call it Alexandria. We could really use all of you, you all seem very strong and that's something our town nee-" He was cut off my Rick punching him square in the face and knocking him to the floor. I'll admit I was a little surprised. I understand we can't trust this guy, but knocking him out cold wasn't necessary. But I trust Rick.

I took a few steps closer to get a clearer view of his face. He looked so friendly. And he was showered. He was clean and his hair was nicely groomed. So he wasn't lying about showers. There is no way he could be this clean without running water. There wasn't a smudge of dirt on him.

"We need people outside, guarding this entire perimeter. Make sure if you see anyone or anything suspicious don't hesitate." Rick said while everyone else loaded their guns.

I ran outside with a pistol on my side and a rifle in my arms. I hid behind a small bush. Keeping my eyes out for any movement in the trees. I looked to my left, a few feet over, I saw Carl behind a tree. He glanced over at me, before quickly running to the bush I was behind.

"So what do you think about him?" Carl asked while loading his pistol.

"I don't know. I don't really want to trust him just yet." I replied keeping my eyes on the look out. It was quiet for a few minutes.

"Do you think he's telling the truth about Alexandria?" I asked Carl. He looked at me.

"Well, I think he has a town, I just don't know if it's another Woodbury or terminus. I don't want to get my hopes up." Carl replied aiming his gun forward.

Carl was right. Terminus was horrible, and Woodbury didn't sound too fun either. Plus the Aaron guy mentioned other kids. That would be weird. Too see other kids around my age. Besides Carl, I haven't seen another teenager in months.

"It would be nice to have a shower though." I jokingly said, making Carl and I slightly laugh.

"It would be nice for Judith too." Carl said looking down. It was quiet for a few moments. Until a rustle in the bushes made us both snap to attention.

I held my gun up and looked around for any movement. The rustle continued but I couldn't see anything, anywhere. My eyes scanned through the trees. Until I saw what was making the noise. A bunny. A small, baby bunny. I lowered my gun and looked at Carl who was lowering his. We smiled at each other before bursting out laughing.

"Oh my god. That scared the shit out of me." I whispered still cracking up. Carl and I had a good laugh. Before we heard the barn doors open. We stood up and walked around to the front to see what was going on. Once we got there Rick was standing in the doorway waiting for everyone else to come. I looked behind Rick in the barn and saw Aaron tied to a pole. Rick isn't taking any chances. Once everyone was at the door way Rick began,

"This guy says he has a town. And has people with him."

"How many people?" I interrupted. I was worried we were going to be attacked again.

"He claims just one." Rick said with lack of trust in his eye. And I don't blame him. One person? We can't believe him yet. Rick continued,

"He says they've been following us for weeks. And they have vehicles parked a few miles away. About 45 minutes to walk there and back. Michonne and I talked about it and we want to check out Alexandria. So too see of this guy is telling the truth, Glenn, Abraham, Rosita, Maggie, and Michonne. I want you guys to take some weapons and see if there really is cars up ahead." Rick finished. The 5 of them nodded.

"The rest of you, I want out here keeping an eye out for anything." Rick said while we all nodded. Carl and I started to walk back to the bush we were behind before.

"Carl!" Rick called. We both turned around. "You two come get some extra ammo." Rick said as we followed him inside.

When we got in there, the Aaron guy was conscious. But tied with his hand behind his back to a wooden pole. Carl was digging in the bag for some more ammo. Rick was holding Judith.

"Your people, are they out there looking for the cars we parked?" Aaron asked after a long silence. Rick handed Judith to me, pulled out his knife, walked over to Aaron and said,

"They are. And if they aren't back in 45 minutes, I'll drive this knife into the base of your skull." Aaron had the look of pure fear on his face. Once Carl found the ammo, I handed Judith back too Rick before following Carl outside.

We went behind the same bush we were before. I couldn't stop thinking about Alexandria. Having a bed to sleep on would feel unreal. It would be the first good sleep I've had since the prison. It sounds like a paradise. And that's why I don't trust it. Paradise doesn't exist in this world, and if it does, it never lasts long. So if there even is an Alexandria, I don't want to get comfortable there. I don't think I could if I tried. But if our people get back, and if there really is cars parked down the road, and if there really is a town called Alexandria, I'm willing to give it a try, for Carl and for Judith.