Chapter 54: And you are...

I tried looking around for any exists we can take. Any way possible to get around them. But they were everywhere. I even looked behind us to see if we could go back. But more of them emerged from the woods blocking any escape. Breathing heavily I looked at Carl who was also in a panic, along with everyone else. Dozens and dozens of whistles coming from all of them. The man we saw earlier on the road stepped forward.

  "Welcome to where you're going." He said holding his arms out.

I looked at him. I wanted to scream. I had an urge to take my gun out and shoot him. Right there. But I held back my anger. Trying anything with this many of them around will get us killed. Even though that may just be what will happen to us anyway. We've killed a lot of saviours. And now they have us trapped. There's no way they will let us off easy.

"We can talk about it-" Rick was cut off by the saviour.

"We're done talking. Time to listen." He said. . About 7 saviours stepped forward and started stripping us of our weapons. One man aggressively grabbed my arm and pulled my pistol and knife from me. The look of anger covered my face as they did so. The saviour took Carls gun and stopped once he noticed it was one of theirs.

  "That's yours right?" The man asked. Carl stayed silent while glaring at him. The saviour leaned closer to his face. "Yeah. It's yours." He said more slowly. Before hitting the rim of Carls hat. Carl stayed still and furious.

  "Okay. Let's get er' down and get ya on your knees. Lots to cover." The man spoke up. At this point I was shaking of anger. I stepped closer to Carl as we all walked forward. Abraham, Aaron, and Rick had to help Maggie off the stretcher. She could barley walk on her own. She was so,so weak.

  "We're goona need ya on your knees." The saviour said as he stepped up to Rick.

  I looked over at him. We were all looking at him, waiting for him to say or do something to get us out of this. He always has a way of getting us out of things. I stood there. Waiting for him to tell us what to do. He looked over at us. I can always tell by his eyes that he has the answer. But this time, he didn't. He looked empty of hope and full of horror. He collapsed to his knees. And that's when panic really took over me. We all shamefully followed. I can't believe this is happening.

  Aaron was beside me on my right, and Carl was on my left. I looked at him. He looked angrier than I've ever seen him before. At this point I was shaking from fear. Are they going to kill us all? What are they going to do. Once we were all on our knees, the man called.

  "Dwight. Chop chop." Dwight. I know that name. It's the man Daryl told us about. The asshole who shot Denise. I looked over and saw he was holding a crossbow. Daryls crossbow. I tensed up. My emotions were a mixture of complete fear and rage.

  "Yeah Simon." Dwight said before opening up a trunk. My heart sped up, as they pulled Rosita, Michonne, an injured Daryl and Glenn out and pushed them to the ground.

  "Maggie?" Glenn managed to say in a quiet, shaken voice. My eyes began to tear up. I looked around. Our entire group is lined up in a row on our knees. The people I've been with for so long. My family. On the ground, hopeless.

  "Alright. We got a full boat. Let's meet the man." Simon said while walking toward the RV. My stomach began to turn. As he knocked on the door.

  A few seconds later the door slowly swung open. There he was. Standing there in the door way. A baseball bat resting over his shoulder.

  "Pissing our pants yet?" Negan asked with a grin. "Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close." He said as he emerged from the shadow and came into light. That's when I noticed the baseball bat was wrapped with barbed wire. My stomach turned at the sight of him.