Chapter 2: The Prison

I wake up in a prison cell. I sit up and look around. The cell door is closed. I stand up forgetting about my ankle.

"Ow!" I slightly yell and grab the side of the bunk bed to catch myself from falling. I look outside of the cell and see a young boy sitting on a chair reading a comic book. Once he looks and sees that I'm awake, he gets up.

"Dad!" He calls as he walks away. Confused I run up to the door and peek out.

  "Hey wait!" I call but the boy doesn't ignores me and continues walking.

About 1 minute later the boy returned with the same guy who was in the woods, then one with the revolver and the sheriff suit. The man unlocked the cell door and came in. He grabbed a chair and sat down beside the bed. I just sat there in silence for a few seconds.

"Hi. My name is Rick. Rick Grimes." The man said.

"What am I doing in here?" I sternly asked.

"We saved you. You were in the woods alone."

"Yeah I remember. But what I'm I doing in here, in a prison cell?" I asked.

"This is where we live." Rick explained. A prison. That's pretty safe. I thought to myself.

"Who are you?" Rick asked.

"My name is Katie.. Katie Hanson." I said. Rick nodded and asked,

"Do you have another group?"

"No. They're all .. Gone." I quietly replied.

"How many walkers have you killed?" Rick asked. I scrunched my eyebrows.

"A lot." I replied.

"How many people have you killed?"

I looked down and swallowed. "J-just one.." I said holding back tears.

"Why?" Rick asked suspiciously.

I looked at Rick. "Because if I didn't she would have turned." I said then looked back down at the ground. Rick sat there for a few more moments, then stood up.

"We will have a guy named Hershel come a and take a look at you ankle." Rick said. Then him and the boy left shutting the cell door.