one

author's pov

"Oh, come on!" Minnie yells as she rushes under the shade of the cafe after running from CUBE's building. The rain continuously pours down onto the dark night in Seoul. She wrings the ends of her braids, squeezing the rinse of the cold water. Taking one last look at the sky, she turns and heads towards the glass doors and walks inside.

She finds an empty booth close to the window. The sound of the splashing droplets outside can still be heard, but with a more calming feel from the inside of the shop. She places her wet bag onto the seat before sitting down herself. The chimes of the door ring as a few other customers walk inside with their umbrellas.

"Am I the only one who didn't check the weather today?" Minnie asks herself while chuckling.

Minnie stands and walks to the cashier who greets her with a warm smile, nicely fitting the mood of the cafe. Minnie smiles back with a small wave and little shiver.

"What can I get for you, miss?" the boy asked.

"I'll get small hot chocolate and a blueberry muffin, order for Minnie," she replied with a gentle smile.

The cashier nods and taps the screen. He reads her the total and she slides her card. She walks back to her seat and looks outside the window while she waits for her order to be ready. The night sky in Seoul never disappoints, especially not with the rain tagging along. The weather may be gloomy but the atmosphere never changes its beauty.

She looks at the pedestrians with their umbrellas, some waiting under shades. Her eyes eventually land on a dark figure sitting on steps near the cafe. Minnie's head tilts as her eyebrows furrow at the sight of the figure. The person notably holding a guitar and strumming seems unbothered by the drench of the rain onto their black hoodie.

Won't they get cold? The shade is literally right behind them yet they decided to stay onto the steps. Minnie thought to herself.

The figure, however, remained impassive and continued strumming.

"Order for Minnie!" the cashier calls.

Minnie stands up slowly, her eyes still watching the figure before focusing on walking to the counter.

"Thank you so much!" she tells him.

Walking back to her seat, she looks around the corner to see if the figure was still there and it was. The concern in her stomach grew and grew as she munched on her muffin, occasionally sipping on her hot chocolate. Around ten minutes pass by and the figure finally stood up. Minnie halts on her next bite and watches them carefully. The figure removed their hood and Minnie finally saw a glimpse of the mysterious face.

A defined jaw and long wet hair revealed to the window of the cafe. Minnie's lips part as she examines the girl. Undeniably, her aura was cold yet somehow full of emotion at the same time. She doesn't know what possessed her to move but Minnie's legs move to walk to the door without a thought. The chime of the door is heard by the figure who turns her head to face the shop. Minnie witnesses gentle telling eyes. The girl blinks before displaying a small smile that Minnie could see despite the small amount of light from the entrance.

"Hey, it's pretty cold out here. Why don't you stay inside the cafe before you catch a cold," Minnie tells her softly.

"Hello, beautiful," the girl replied.

Minnie's eyes widened as her cheeks became warm.

"Don't mind me, I was just admiring the rain. The splashes somehow made my music feel... real," the girl says, simultaneously looking back up at the rain.