twenty-one

reader's pov

I get to the warehouse and I see Soojin waiting outside with her puffer coat. I frown seeing her alone before driving up to her. She smiles when she sees me approaching. I step out of the car and walk to her.

"Hey, why are you standing out here all alone? It's freezing out here," I say.

"S- Sorry.. It's just the girl weren't with me in the dress room and everyone was cleaning up. I felt awkward especially since the director yelled at me..." she said shyly.

I lead her to the car and open her door. She thanks me before going in and I close it. I go over to my side and I turn on the heated seats for her along with the heater.

"Better?" I ask her.

She nods and smiles shyly.

"How was your final filming? I'm excited for your video to come out!" I say happily.

"I- It was good. I had to rush some final shots but I think I did well..." she says with a soft giggle.

"Well... I'd like you to know that I'm really proud of you girls. The industry won't be able to recognize you girls as rookies. I already know you all are the powerhouse of the fourth generation," I said with a smile.

"Hehe.. you think so?" she asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Oh, I know so."

We sit in silence for awhile after that and I can sense she wants to talk to me about something.

"Hey, Soojin... who was that guy at the office with you?" I ask her carefully.

"Oh.. uhmm.. t- that was Hui oppa," she said quietly, facing the window right after.

I remember how scared she looked whenever he touched her and I felt my anger rising a little.

"Did you two end things on a good note? I remember you telling me that you both decided to focus on your careers.." I said without looking at her.

She stayed quiet for a few minutes and I decided not to push.

"...I'm the one who broke up with him," she whispered.

I stay quiet and let her continue.

"He.. he was upset that I focused all my time on the girls and our group. I tried to reason with him but.. he began threatening and blackmailing me with pictures of us at the mall. He said he'd tell Mr. Jung that we were still dating," she said and I hear her sniffling.

I stay quiet for a few minutes before speaking.

"Did he ever.. hurt you in any way?" I ask slowly.

"He... he tried to force me to kiss him one time. He's really strong and my arms got hurt because he was holding on so tight," she says.

We stop at the last light before we reach the building. I turn to her and see her crying while looking out the window. I don't know why, but my first instinct is to grab her hand. I hold her hand next to me and drive once the light turns green. I rub my thumb on the back of her hand and I can feel her eyes on me.

We arrive at the garage and I open her door. She steps out and we take the elevator. My phone buzzes and I see Minnie's message.

fr: beautiful 💕

'hey, are you and Soojin back yet?
i'm in the piano room if you wanna
find me :)'

to: beautiful 💕

'i'm gonna drop Soojin off
at the dorm right now
i'll come to you right after :)'

Me and Soojin arrive to her floor and I walk her to the dorm. She unlocks the door and heads inside but I stay outside.