eleven

reader's pov

I look down at our hands held together. I smile unknowingly and grip her even more gently. I look back up at her and stare into her eyes. She holds my gaze and smiles back.

"I make your heart beat, huh?" I tease her but with seriousness inside my head.

She blushes before letting go of my gaze and looking down at her lap. I just smile at her cuteness. I sit closer and lift her chin up to face me. Her lips part and I look down at them for a moment before continuing.

"My heart's been beating for you ever since I walked you home that night in the rain," I speak softly.

Her lips turn into a smile and I just reciprocated. I look helplessly into her eyes before asking her...

"Do you feel it too, Minnie?"

She keeps smiling before nodding. I look down at our hands and place my other hand on top. I rub her smooth skin gently. Without thinking, I lift up our hands and I kiss the back of hers. She gasps and I look up to see her blushing again. I laugh before placing our hands back down. Her expression soon turned sad and I ask her what's wrong. She shakes her head.

"What if this goes wrong, Y/N?" she looks down.

I breathe out thinking of a way to comfort her and myself in the process.

"To be honest... I don't know. But all I know is that this is all that matters to me right now. To everyone else in this building, I'm Jung Y/N... daughter of CUBE owner Jung Soobin. All I wanna be to you is Jung Y/N, the girl who you say makes your heart race. The girl who's heart beats for you... just for you. The one willing to take the fall if anything were to break this bridge we're on."

She looks up at me with so much emotion and I just squeezed her hand tighter, reassuring her that I'm here.

"If you wanna take this slow, I'm more than willing to do that for you, Minnie. If you wanna take risks, I'll do them with you. If you wanna play it safe, I'll do that with you. You have me in your hands," I tell her sincerely.

She smiles laying her head on my shoulder. I think about what we could be. What my dad would think. I told him I wasn't sure if she liked me back but now I know that we both feel it. We feel the connection whenever we see each other. I look down at her on my shoulder and place my lips onto her head, softly placing a gentle peck. I lean my head back on the couch before remembering my shift.

"Oh damn.." I remember.

"What is it?" she asks while looking up at me.

"I totally forgot I'm still on the clock. I have around two hours left. I should really head back," I say in panic but not letting go of her hand.

She giggles before laying her head back on my shoulder and I feel calm once again.

"You should. I have plans with the girls in two hours as well. I should really go prepare now," she says silently but not moving from her spot.

"What are you girls doing?" I ask her.

"We decided to celebrate our upcoming debut at the pool tonight. It's our final relax day so we wanted to enjoy it tonight."

I nod before laying my head on hers. We stay on the couch for a few more minutes before we decide to leave. I take her to the elevator up to the dorms and drop her at her door. I make sure we're alone before leaning forward to grab her hand. I lift it up to my lips and kiss the back of it again. This time she blushes but smiles before she walks forward and wraps her arms around my torso. I place my head on top of hers and wrap her in my embrace as well.