thirty

reader's pov

"Okay, girls. I have a special announcement. My daughter, Y/N, is officially the newest manager of (G)I-DLE. She'll be working along side Manager Lee and will be with you all throughout your new careers."

Silence fills the room and I try not to look over at the girls, scared of their reactions. After a few seconds, the girls start clapping.

"Y/N unnie!" Yuqi yells and runs to hug me and I'm caught off-guard.

Dad laughs and smiles as I look at him over Yuqi's shoulder. I thank him before pulling away from Yuqi. The girls all crowd and start hugging me and Minnie gets to arms last and I pull her to me immediately. The girls all thank my dad while I keep my focus on this beautiful girl in my embrace.

"Surprise, hehe."

"I was dying finding out what your surprise was, haha!"

"Well.. I hope it was worth the wait. I wanted to tell you so bad but I figured this was the best way. Today, I'm celebrating with you girls and I wanted to announce it."

She looks up and me and I give her a long and deep kiss. I end it with a few pecks before kissing her forehead.

"I love you so much, Minnie. You don't know how much you and the girls mean to me."

"I love you too, Y/N. I'm excited for this next chapter.."

We part and I head back to hug my dad who pats my back. The girls all get ready to leave after a few minutes and Soojin stays behind at the door and I see her. I gesture her to walk over to me as we wait for Dad to finish his conversation with Lee. They shake hands and Lee bows to him before bowing to me and he heads out. I tell the girls that I'll have a short talk with Soojin and they all head back to the dorm.

I pull a chair out for Soojin and she thanks me before we sit down.

"Okay, Miss Seo. At our last meeting, you and Hui had very different viewpoints and Y/N here has informed me that I must do something about him. I'm giving you the chance to talk about your side of the story before I confront Hui about it."

Soojin grabs my hand under the table and I look over to see her eyes. She's tearing up and I can't do anything but comfort her. I grab her hand tighter before giving her a small hug.

"Shh.. it's okay. I'll be right here the whole time."

She nods and turns to my dad.

"Well, sir. I decided to end things with Hui oppa because I wanted to focus on my career and the group. I figured that with things looking up for me, eventually we'd both get very busy. He didn't really like hearing that and I said it'd be best if both of us ended it right there because we both could have problems later on. I tried to break up with him but he forced me to stay. He.."

She pauses and I nod at her. Her tears fall as she continues.

"Eventually, he got.. physically forceful. Whenever I was alone in the practice room, he'd somehow know I was there and I'd try to leave without any problems but he'd drag me around and.. try to make me kiss him. I've slapped him once but I apologized right after. I didn't want him to get in trouble but then the pictures were leaked of us in the mall. He said he has more pictures of us and he threatened to release them if I were to come report to you..."

She wipes her tears and I hug her while Dad's expression turns dark.

"Miss Seo, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Hui will get the punishment he deserves, I promise you that. Thank you for taking the time to tell me this. I will confront him about it by myself. In the meantime, focus on your career. This won't bother you anymore. I'll let you go join the girls again so Y/N will walk you back to your dorm. Y/N meet with my upstairs after you drop her off."