thirteen

reader's pov

Me and the girls make it back to their dorm and they all head inside. I wait for all of them to go in but Minnie stays next to me. I look at her and looks up at me.

"You don't wanna go in?" I ask her softly.

She pouts before shaking her head. I laugh before booping her nose. Her nose scrunches and I just smile down at her. I look at their door and around the hallway before looking back at Minnie who's eyes haven't left mine. She lets out a breath before speaking.

"D- Do you.. uhmm... do you wanna come inside for a bit?" she asks me shyly.

I give her an unsure look before pulling my phone out. I notice how late it is and I give her an apologetic look.

"It's pretty late now, Minnie. I should go before someone catches you with me. Also, we just had that meeting and it might be too early to invite me in your dorm," I say while caressing her cheek.

She looks down before looking back up at me and nodding. Her sad face engulfs my being and I can't help but lean over and give her a kiss on her forehead. I pull away and she opens her eyes. I smile before leaning over and giving her another kiss. I pull her into my embrace for a few seconds before releasing her.

She turns to enter the dorm and she looks back at me. I nod at her to go inside with a smile and a wave. She smiles at and waves back before closing the door. I look down and sigh before walking to the elevator. I arrive to the main floor and see Dad waiting at the exit. I reach him and he smiles.

"How'd it go? Good?" he asks pertaining to the meeting.

"Yeah... couldn't have gotten better. Minnie wanted me to come inside the dorm for a bit but I said no. I'm still scared about staff seeing me with her," I say as we walk to the car.

"Let me worry about that, sweetie. Even if it comes down to revealing your involvement with her, so be it. Either way, you and Minnie will be protected, along with the girls," he said as we got in the car.

He drives out of the garage and we head home. I look out the window and admire the lights of Seoul. I think back to Minnie and my progress with her. God, I like her so much... What am I gonna do if I wanna spend time with her?

My mind drifts to her dreamy voice whenever she sings while playing piano. I smile as I can hear the sound even when I'm not near her. Maybe I can let her visit the studio on my breaks if she's free..

"Hey, Dad. Do you know anything about the girls' schedule tomorrow?" I ask him.

"They're scheduled to start their jacket photoshoot tomorrow. Why?" he replies.

"Oh, nothing. Just asking... but if you don't mind telling me... what time would they come back?" I say as subtly as possible.

"Sure you don't just wanna see a certain someone?" he teases me.

Caught... aish

"You got me, haha.." I say, feeling shy.

"Well, it depends on how time plays out during the shoot. Sometimes, artists have to stay back a bit later than the others depending on how long it takes to shoot their individual looks. It all plays out based on how much time the director takes with the girls," he says as he pulls into the driveway.

"Ahh... got it."

We walk inside the house and I see Mom in the kitchen with her tea.

"Hey, Mom," I greet while hugging her.

"Hey, honey! Are you hungry? I cooked some jjajangmyeon," she asked.

"Oh my god, I haven't had it in forever. Let me just change then I'll eat. Thanks, Mom!" I say excitedly, rushing upstairs.