forty-three

reader's pov

I head to the boardroom to wait for the girls as they get ready for their first V-LIVE since debuting. Lee's next to me looking over our schedule next week.

"Are you hungry or anything? I can go down to the cafe to grab us some food and drinks," he offers.

"That does sound good right now.. can you get an iced coffee with caramel drizzle? If you wanna get food, I'll eat whatever you order."

"Gotcha! Alright, can you finalize the plans for next week? I'll be right back."

"Yeah yeah, of course."

He exits the room and I take over the pen and papers. I look over the calendar and see the times for the girls' appearance for different shows. Their fansign has been guaranteed by the venue. The week following the performances is the trip to SF. Lee and I still haven't thought of places to visit so I try to think of some.

"Minnie's filming a music video so we can go to an open area first so they can get some shots of the water. We'll have a quick brunch after that and maybe the girls can go walk around to shop a little bit before we meet with Kaja. Hm.. let's add Palace of Fine Arts and Museum of Ice Cream."

As I whisper to myself, I write down the ideas on the box. Lee isn't back yet so I play with Maya who's chilling on the table.

"You tired as well? My hand's being annoying." She stands up and walks towards me when I call her.

"Sit." She listens and I ask for her paw.

"Good job, Maya!"

The door opens and Lee returns with two drinks and some white paper bags.

"Hey! It smells good, what'd you get?"

"I ordered the new custard buns. Apparently they've been selling really well. Wanna try?"

I nod eagerly reaching for one and taking a bite. There is a nice custard filling and the bread is nice and soft.

"Wow.. I can't believe I quit before I got to make these."

"Haha, yeah. Now, you gotta pay to eat one."

We laugh and eat our custard buns as we wait for the girls. They call Lee and say they're headed here right now. I take a sip of coffee and relax into my chair. The door opens and the girls come in. Minnie walks to me and I make her sit on my lap. She hesitates, not wanting to hit my arm.

"It's okay, baby. It's just my hand, not my whole arm, hehe."

I pull her in for a kiss before letting her sit with the girls. Lee attaches his phone to a tripod and starts the live. We give the girls a few seconds to get ready before we begin to let viewers watch. I sit back in my chair with Maya while I drink my coffee. As the live starts, the girls don't say a word.

Me and Lee glance at each other before looking back at the girls. They're looking at each other and at us as if asking what to do. I try not to chuckle too loud as I shrug my shoulders. Me and Lee clink our coffee cups together as we watch in amusement. Soyeon finally says something and the girls follow suit as they loosen up.

Lee and I laugh as they start talking to the fans. We let the live go on for around thirty minutes before the girls say bye to the fans. We clap for them and end the schedules for today.

"Good job, girls. Free time for the rest of the week to work on whatever you wanna work on. Next week will be three performances for different networks and then a fansign," Lee reminds them.

As we head out the room, Minnie pulls me aside.

"Baby, me and the girls are gonna head to the grocery store. Do you have a list you want us to go by?"