eight

reader's pov

I make my way to Dad's elevator and try to calm myself down. That was the closest I've ever gotten to getting caught by Minnie. Now I'm worrying because she's for sure gonna think I'm in trouble now with the way my dad yelled my name to save me from the situation. Come to think of it, I don't think there was any other way so I'm glad he yelled.

I arrive at the office and Ms. Jeon eyes me worriedly. I tell her everything's fine and give her a smile before entering my dad's office.

"Ahh, she's here! Come here, hon. Let me introduce you to the girls' manager, Lee."

The man in turn stands up from his chair and automatically bows towards me. I sigh telling my dad with my eyes to stop the man. He laughs as he taps the manager's back.

"Lee, my daughter here has begged me to have my staff treat her equally at her workplace. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be letting you stand up straight right now," he said to the man.

Lee stands up straight before swallowing nervously. I chuckle before reaching out my hand and he takes it, looking at my dad as if he's asking for permission to shake his daughter's hand. My dad raises his brows and looks towards my hand Lee shakes it.

"Lee, I don't wanna keep the girls waiting so I'm only telling you this once. If you see my daughter around the girls, don't let them see that you know her as more than my daughter. Treat her like all the other workers at the cafe. If you manage to see her at the recording studios, treat her with respect please and try not to let the girls see her as she's not introduced to them or any other idols yet. I will hold a meeting soon."

Lee nods right away before bowing and asking if he's allowed to leave. My dad allows him and I sit down on the couch, letting out a deep breath.

"Thanks, Dad. I've never been more scared," I say exaggeratedly.

He laughs before ruffling my hair.

"Don't worry, sweetie. It'll be fine. I've updated the rest of the staff about your status here in the building depending on what floor you're on and who you're around so you won't have to avoid idols that much," he said before sitting at his desk.

"So, I don't have to run through the hallways just to get into my studio on my breaks, right?" I ask to make sure.

"Got that right. Now, go finish your shift, you're still on the clock, haha!" he shoos me away.

I stick my tongue out at him before leaving the room and heading back downstairs after saying bye to Ms. Jeon. I finish the rest of my shift with my friends and carry my dad's coffee and bagel to his elevator. It's currently 10:45 pm and I'm sad that I didn't get to see Minnie again as I was in the kitchen for the rest of the day. I don't even know if they came back yet but they couldn't have been out that long. I step into the elevator and head up to my dad's office. Ms. Jeon's already gone and I enter the office.

"Hey, Dad. Sorry your coffee's a bit late. I got caught up with drink duty today," I say while placing his drink down on his desk.

"Thank you, sweetie. No worries, I love that you're working hard," he said before taking a bite from his bagel.

"How much longer you gonna work, Dad?" I ask him.

"Hm, it looks like I'm gonna be staying pretty late. I have around two to three hours left for all these papers. If you want, you can head home by yourself for today. I'll just take one of my cars," he said to me.

I think for a moment before nodding after making sure he didn't change his mind.

"Okay then. Get home safely, alright? I'm gonna play around in the studio for a bit before leaving."