forty

reader's pov

"Y- You did? What'd they say, Soojin?" I ask her as she tears up and wipes her eyes.

"I told them about how he'd constantly get physical in our relationship. They told me they'd evaluate him. Your dad came and yelled at the officers for arresting you. He was defending me and the girls, along with you. The police seemed to believe him but your dad was really angry. He said he'd press charges on Hui."

I reach up to hold her hand with my other palm. She's so tense and I feel horrible for having her witness that.

"As long as you're okay, Soojin. You and the girls are all I cared about in that moment. Broken hand or not, I'd be damned if I let anybody put you girls in danger. I'm sorry you had to witness such violence. I promise to be careful next time."

I slightly bow to her and she stops me.

"Y/N, don't ever apologize for that. If it wasn't for you.. I don't know what would've happened to us. Hui's capable of hurting people. Look what he did to you because of me.." she looks down and I tear up.

"Don't ever feel that you caused him to be like this. You made the right choice to dump him because you knew you weren't safe. He proved that today with how he tried to attack you girls. There's no way he's getting to you again. I'm making sure Dad kicks him out if it's the last thing I do."

She nods and thanks me. I pull her in for a hug on my good side. I give her a small peck to the head to comfort her. The door opens and the doctor's back with bandages.

"Oh? Are you Seo Soojin? Y/N's father is out there with the police and the girls. They're calling for you."

Soojin excuses herself and I give her another hug before she leaves. The doctor changes my bandages on my hand and I can't even see my knuckles anymore. They're covered in dried blood. The pain is very much there though.

"Oof.. you done 'em pretty well. Surprised you didn't stop right away. Anyone punching in this condition would've pulled away right at the first few punches."

"I was really angry, I guess, hehe." The doctor laughs with me and I thank her after she's finished with the bandages.

"Okay, your surgery was moved up to today because of your dad. We'll start operation in about thirty minutes. Are you ready?" she asks me.

"Ah, it's no bother. I've broken a bone before and my dad reacts the same way every single time, haha! Thank you, doc."

She nods at me and pats my shoulder lightly. After thirty minutes of just talking to my doctor, no one else comes in. It's now time for surgery and I'm transferred out of the room. I'm rolled through the hallway and I hear Dad yell.

"Y/N!" Numerous footsteps approach my bed as I'm being rolled into the operation room.

"Hey, Dad. Girls.. are you okay? How are you all feeling? Where's Minnie." Just like that, she shows up in front of my view and I smile after finally seeing her after many hours.

"Hm, hello there, beautiful."

She smiles and I can tell she's about to cry so I try to lessen her worries.

"Shh, it's okay. They're gonna fix me right up and I'll be back to normal within a few hours, right doc?"

"That's right, haha!" I smile at how they reassured I'd be okay.

"Doc, how long will she have to stay here?" Dad asks.

"I suspect surgery to last around two hours because we have to pull out a lot of pieces. Afterwards, she can head straight home. Healing will take a good two months so not too bad for our Y/N here, hehe." I thank her while laughing and we get to the room.