forty-one

reader's pov

Minnie helps fix my pillows and I can't help but stare at her beautiful face. She notices me eyeing her and she looks back at me.

"Come here.." I whisper.

She gets closer and with my right hand, I reach for her chin and pull her onto my lips. She responds and cups my cheek. I deepen the kiss, missing her so much.

"Mm.. baby. You should rest first," she says sympathetically and I pout before asking for more kisses.

"But I haven't seen you in hours, baby. I miss you so much," I try to persuade her but she just chuckles before leaving a tiny peck on my lips.

"I missed you too, baby. There's no rush. What's important is you recovering so you should sleep for awhile. I'm gonna head back to the girls so we can work on a new song at the studio. I'll come back here right after, but call me if you need anything."

I pout as she moves to stand up and I try to reach her but the bruise on my ribs pulls me back down. I groan and try to lessen the pain. Minnie rushes to me and asks what's wrong.

"Ahh, don't worry. Just some bruising from when Hui kicked my stomach. I'll be fine since there was no damage. Can I please walk you out the door at least?" I beg her and she won't let me.

"Baby, c'mon. No stubbornness now. We'll be back soon, I promise." She leans down and pecks my lips and I try to keep her there but she backs up.

"Ugh, you're mean." I sulk into my pillow and she chuckles. She stands up and I look at her.

"Can I get a hug at least..?" She laughs and leans in carefully to hug me and I relax in her touch.

"Come back soon.."

"Will do, baby."

My door closes and I just lay in bed. I stare into the ceiling trying to pass the time but I get bored right away. Maya isn't even up here..

I try to sit up and after a few tries, I succeed. I get off the bed and walk around a bit to lessen the soreness from being in a bed all day. My feet take me to my balcony and I struggle with the door a bit but eventually I'm at the railing.

I look down at the busy streets and view before letting out a much-needed sigh.

"I gotta order chairs.. yes." I walk back in and close the door before going to my laptop. I open it and look through lounge chairs.

I scroll through until my eyes land on a beautiful daybed. My fingers press on it and choose a color.

"Perfect!" I look through more furniture and order a small couch and two other chairs.

Closing my laptop, I try to find something else to do. I suddenly remember my music and realize I can't play for a long time. My head sinks down and I sigh loudly.

"I'll go check on Maya."

I open my door and head downstairs slowly. Maya's on the couch alone and I pout. She hears me and immediately raises her head off the sofa. She jumps off and runs to me to carry her. After picking her up, I head to the office and see my piano and guitar.

I get sad and place her down.

"I can't even play music. That damn Hui.."

Maya and I head back to the couch and I sit down. She goes on my lap and notices how sad I am as she starts whining.

"Mama's okay, baby. Just can't play music for awhile so that means more time with you which is better!" She licks my face and I smile.

The elevator dings and I look to my side and see Dad come in.