forty-nine

reader's pov

We walk through the corridor and head downstairs to the venue station. The tables are all set up but the seats are all empty. After a few seconds, we hear loud screams outside the building.

"They're all so excited, haha!" I laugh and he goes through the usual system of fanmeets.

"Okay, whenever the girls get gifts, we have to take away the ones that are a bit too big for the table. Now, I hate to remind you of that rude fan from the debut stage but we should grab the big presents and check for any weird items like cameras. There was an incident last year where there was a fan who wore glasses with a hidden camera on the frame while meeting GFriend. The members got uncomfortable because they caught it."

I widen my eyes and look around trying to digest the information. Any sign of harm towards my girls makes my blood boil. The thought of any disgusting person trying to make them feel uncomfortable just makes me wanna break my hand all over again.

"Don't worry. In case you forgot, I do have a knack for protecting the girls no matter what," I say while pointing at my hand and Lee laughs, patting my shoulder.

"I have no doubt of what you're capable of, Y/N. This time, let's try not to break any bones though. We have to keep control, no matter what. If the fans reveal to the others how horrible they're acting, I won't hesitate to make security throw them out."

I nod and thank him before suggesting we buy food for the girls. We get inside and some of the girls have finished their makeup and hair. Minnie's still at her seat and I try to walk to her first but I'm blocked by the girl from earlier.

"Can I get you anything to drink, Y/N?" she asks eagerly and I shift in my steps.

"Oh, it's okay, haha! I'm just here to get orders from the girls. They haven't eaten breakfast yet and I wanna make sure they have energy at the meet." She frowns a bit and I try to look past her at Minnie who's looking at me already.

There's a pout on her lips and she looks away the moment she notices my eyes on her. Out the corner of my eye, I see the girl look back at Minnie and I swear I heard a tiny scoff. She walks off and I feel a bit nervous. Damn, she just saw me look at Minnie. Ugh, why couldn't we get our usual makeup team for promotions?! I don't even know these people!

I push it away before walking to the girls and getting their orders and suggestions for places to eat. I decided to order them some dessert pancakes and waffles. I walk to Minnie and she avoids my gaze. I lean down a bit to whisper in her ear as the creepy girl is near us.

"Hey, baby. You hungry?" Minnie finally looks up at me with a sad smile and nod and I try not to pull her into a hug.

"You want waffles and pancakes? I can get you anything you want, just ask." She thinks for a moment before asking me to add some eggs and bacon with iced tea and I nod happily. My hand caresses her hand on her lap softly before looking around the room.

Once I notice no one is looking, I give her a short kiss on her temple.

"You look beautiful." She blushes and thanks me before I walk away to Lee, asking for his order. I ask the makeup crew as well and I see the girl making a move to answer but her friends stop her.

"We ate breakfast like thirty minutes ago!" I hear them whisper to her and she glares at them before rolling her eyes. I feel a bit relieved that they refused as I wanted to avoid talking to the girl.

"Are you sure?" I ask again to be nice.

"It's okay, Unnie! Just get the girls their food, I'm sure they're starving." I nod to the other makeup girls and walk to the corner to order the food.