fifty

author's pov

The girls are escorted out of the lounge to the venue downstairs whilst Y/N stays behind with Lee. She shuts the door after the girls get far enough and faces the makeup crew. Jia's eyes go to her with a smirk but it soon falls once she hears Y/N's next words.

"I don't know who you think you are but I do not tolerate any form of harassment and threats towards my girls. Now, ladies... it has come to my attention that your friend Jia here took to following Minnie to the bathroom and threatened her to stay away... from me."

The makeup team looks at Jia and most of them contain angry expressions while the others are just plain shocked. Silence fills the room and Y/N crosses her arms, waiting for any response from the ladies but nothing comes. Lee clears his throat and whispers to Y/N's ear to which she nods.

Lee leaves the room while Y/N stares down the girls. Jia's looking at the manager with begging eyes.

"M-Miss Jung, we are terribly sorry for our friend's actions. I don't know how she could be so unprofessional." The girls bow continuously to the manager while Y/N just stares at Jia who can't even handle her gaze.

"Jia-ssi... I don't take to any defamation on my watch. You see, girls, Jia here threatened Minnie to stay away from me because apparently her and I dated back in high school?" she raises her eyebrow at Jia.

Jia's friends look at her with gasps and some even smack her arm hard. She winces while the girls give her disappointed looks.

"Miss Jung, I am so sorry! I-I only wanted to warn her! I didn't want your reputation to be ruined and I was looking out for Minnie as well! I didn't mean to hurt her. By telling her a fake story, I figured she'd back off so you'd be—"

"That I'd be what?" Y/N challenges and Jia freezes.

"That I'd be... available? So I'm free to date other people? Listen, I don't know why you're willing to stoop down to such a pathetic level but I don't take any ridiculous actions like this. From here on out, you are to stay away from my girls. I can replace any crew I want near the girls so don't think this is an empty warning. The rest of you, I'm terribly sorry but you will have to leave. I suspect you stick with your friend everywhere so please exit. I don't want Minnie seeing Jia here."

Jia glares at the floor, muttering words to herself.

"And Jia... don't even think of continuing any stories. I can press charges for libel."

With that, Y/N walks calmly towards the door and leaves, slamming it on her way out. Her feet almost stomp towards the elevator as she waits for the doors to open. Letting out a sigh when they do, she immediately looks for Minnie. The meet has already started and the girls are interacting with fans. She smiles seeing Minnie giving a high five to a little girl with a photo of her.

She stands between Minnie and Miyeon, watching the fans for any weird behavior. It takes the singers awhile to notice their manager standing next to them and they jump upon seeing her.

"Omo! When'd you get here, Unnie?" Miyeon asks with a chuckle.

"Just now, hehe. Had to handle some work matter. You girls having fun?" Miyeon gets the next fan but nods in reply quickly before talking to the person in front of her.

Minnie feels a hand slightly graze her back as it lands on the backrest of her chair. She smirks before relaxing back into the hand, putting her own on Y/N's leg. She flinches and Minnie giggles before focusing on the fan coming up to her.

"Oh my god, Minnie Unnie! You're my bias! Thank you so much for blessing my ears every time you sing. Me and my sisters are such big fans!" The fan is squealing while Minnie is laughing and bowing towards her. Y/N smiles down at her girlfriend, loving the effect she has on others.