forty-five

reader's pov

Me and Minnie arrive back to the building and I follow her upstairs. She takes us to the practice room where the other girls are hanging out. Soojin and Soyeon look to be choreographing something while the other free are at the couch. We head inside and the girls pause to look over at us.

"Unnie! Good morning!" Yuqi says while running to me before hugging my carefully.

"Hello, what are you girls working on?" I ask them.

"Oh, we're coming up with a dance for this song I just wrote!" Soyeon says with a proud smile.

I nod impressed and head to the couch. Maya runs to the girls and Minnie sits beside me.

"How's your song? You work on it at all today?" I ask her as she leans her head on my shoulder.

"Hm, a little bit. I'll work on it more tomorrow because I wanna take a break for the day. No work, just chill."

I chuckle and kiss the top of her head as I watch the girls do their own things. Soojin suggests moves to Soyeon who tries them out. These girls are everything. Singers, rappers, dancers, producers, and choreographers. Yuqi and Miyeon are bickering again about some dumb stuff and I just laugh while watching them.

Shuhua's trying to teach Maya tricks and cheers whenever she listens. I place my focus back on Minnie and see her hand on my lap. I hold it and intertwine our fingers before kissing the back of her hand.

"Are you gonna do anything today?" she asks me. I think for second only to come back with nothing.

"No.. I'll probably be sitting at home all day or maybe just look over the schedule for the rest of the month."

"Stop working, hehe. Focus on me," she says with a small pout, making me laugh.

"Okay, baby. I'm sorry."

The girls hang out a bit more before Soyeon excuses herself to work on her songs. I offer to take the girls upstairs to the penthouse and they agree. We arrive at my floor and the maknaes run to the couch with Maya.

I scoop some food for her into the bowl and call her over to eat. Soojin sits at the couch with her hands on her lap. I chuckle as she looks like she's waiting to be called in for an appointment. Taking a seat next to her, I wrap my arm around her shoulder.

"Relax, Soojin. My home is your home." She shyly giggles and nods before leaning back against the couch.

"Unnie, can we get some snacks?" Shuhua asks me and I point towards the pantry.

"Grab whatever you want, Shushu." She cheers and runs to the pantry with Yuqi. I reach for the remote after removing my arm from Soojin's shoulder and turn on the TV.

"You girls wanna watch anything?" I ask as I browse through my TV.

"Should we watch a foreign movie?" Miyeon suggests and the rest of the girls agree. The two maknaes return from the pantry with two chip bags and I tell them to pour them into separate bowls.

My phone rings and I excuse myself, letting the girls pick whatever they wanna watch. I walk to the office and answer the call from my dad.

"Hey, munchkin! Did you check your balcony yet??" he asks me excitedly and I'm confused.

"What do you mean? Did you break in here or something?"

"Haha, no! I've got your daybed set up outside along with other lounge chairs."

My eyes widen and I smile.

"Oh! Thank you, Dad! Wait, when did you put it outside? I didn't see you at all this morning."