ten

reader's pov

My break finally comes and I walk to Dad's elevator. I make my way up to the recording studio and I walk out and see some staff. They all bow towards me as they see me. I smile and bow back. I can't really stop them as Dad already instructed them on how to treat me on this floor.

I walk to my studio and unlock the door. I let out a sigh and relax my muscles. Taking a seat, I grab an ukulele and start strumming. All of a sudden, my mind drifts to Minnie. I smile thinking about her beautiful eyes. My hand starts playing a melody.

'Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you'

'Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?'

I smile while realizing what I'm singing. I just keep thinking of Minnie. I finish the song before placing down the ukulele. I walk to the couch and sit with my guitar. My head leans back and I start strumming to a different song.

'All the pretty girls in the world
But I'm in this space with you
Colored out the lines
I came to find, my fire was fate with you
Heartache would stay with you
Fly great escapes with you...'

I finish the rest of my break before heading back out. What I didn't expect to see was the face I'd been thinking of each time I sang.

"...Minnie."

"Y/N..."

I was frozen in my steps. My heart started beating out of nervousness. She stared back at me with the same shocked expression on her face. I swallow my saliva as I try to think of an excuse but my mind is just blank.

"You- You're the special producer?" she asks me.

I look at her confused but we both hear a voice coming from the private hallway.

"Y/N," Dad says.

I look towards him and he sees Minnie. He looks at me and nods and I have no choice but to comply. I take a deep breath and turn towards Minnie who is bowing towards my dad. He approaches us and pats my shoulder.

"I need to talk to both of you right now. Let's go to my office."

I see Minnie look towards me in fear and I can't help hold her hand. She looks down and takes it away in fear of my dad seeing. Luckily though, he's already headed towards the elevator. We follow him, walking silently.

What am I gonna do once she finds out... I can't lose her.

We step into the elevator and Minnie is still looking down while we stand next to my dad. I take the chance to look at him and he nods at me understanding my concern. We arrive at the office and Ms. Jeon sees us. She gives me a worried look and I can't even do anything to appease it.

"Ms. Kim, why don't you take a seat first. I have to talk with Y/N privately for a moment," Dad says.

Minnie bows and nods before heading to the couch across Ms. Jeon's desk. I wanna stay with her so bad but I have to plan this out with my dad. I follow him inside the office. I sit down on the couch and let out an exasperated sigh.

"Dad, what am I gonna do?" I say with worry.

"Hey, Y/N... don't worry. The only way to fix this is if you come clean to her right now."

I shake my head at the thought of her avoiding me after finding out my true identity. She's gonna know I got the job here as a lie just so I could avoid telling her the truth about her boss.