fifty-one

reader's pov

I wake up after a thirty minute nap and find Minnie cuddled up to my chest. Smiling, my hand softly runs through her hair and she leans into me a bit more. I carefully escape from under her so she can keep sleeping as I exit the room, Maya tailing after me.

"You hungry, sweet girl? I brought you some food and snacks." Her little feet follow me past the numerous rooms on the jet. My eyes breeze past them in rapid fashion. Sometimes I forget how many there are...

I hear a voice call out to me from the main living area. Miyeon and Yuqi are eating noodles at the table while Soojin is napping on the seat. My brows furrow while I wonder why she isn't at her room.

"Hey, Unnie!" Yuqi says and I shush her as I motion to Soojin who begins stirring a bit.

"I'm gonna bring her to her room, otherwise, her neck is gonna be sore," I say and the other two nod to me. I carefully pick up the sleeping girl and she automatically relaxes against my chest, her arms cutely cuddled together at her front. My hand is aching a bit but I don't mind it.

I chuckle looking at her tired form. My feet take me to the closest room from the main area and the bed is empty. I slowly place her onto the bed, pulling the blanket over her. Before I can leave, however, a hand reaches out to stop me and I look back. Soojin's eyes are half closed and a small pout is worn on her lips.

"Sorry, JinJin. Did I wake you?" I ask with rising nervousness as her hand won't let go.

"Thank you. Can you... stay with me for a bit?" she asks me shyly and I sigh, sitting down next to her.

"You feeling okay?" I ask her while my thumb caresses the back of her hand. She nods and closes her eyes. I look at her with a worried gaze as I think of Minnie. Soojin, you can't be doing this to your unnie.

When she falls back asleep, I let go of her hand carefully before leaving, giving one last glance before walking down the aisle back to the main area. Maya is in Miyeon's lap while she munches on chips. I laugh as I see Maya looking at Miyeon's hand each time she puts one in her mouth.

"Sweet girl, come here! Want some snacks?" Immediately, she jumps off of Miyeon and runs to me. I sit down on the couch and give a few commands which she follows.

"And... spin!" She rotates slowly and I cheer, giving her another treat. I try one more time and she slowly builds up speed. After training her a bit, I put the snacks away and bring her to the girls. Miyeon reaches out to grab her with an excited smile and I laugh, giving her my puppy.

"Have you two been awake the whole time? Not even a little nap?" I ask with a chuckle, sitting at their table.

"We slept pretty early last night so we're not too tired. When we get to San Francisco, I want to go exploring right away!" Yuqi says.

"Hm... well, try to get some sleep later. The flight is ten hours and we'll get there by a cold morning. I wanna make sure you girls aren't too tired before we start shooting. Is there anywhere you girls wanna go in particular? Me and Lee have already chosen some places." They're faces get excited and they ask me where but I don't say anything.

They pout but I just raise my hands.

"I want this trip to be a true surprise. You girls can have fun and explore anywhere, maybe even go shopping a bit. The main priority is making sure you girls relax there even if you're working," I pat their heads and they smile.

"You know, Unnie, you care too much for us. For a long time, we've only had some managers but Lee Oppa has really been the only one who's showed as much care as you. Thank you for everything," Miyeon says as she walks over to hug me.