11

Both hand of Kharryl started to tremble in fear. She should be pregnant. What will Kouvoh's reaction if he knows that the results are negative? Will he be mad? Will he fire her? Questions started to cloud her system.

She's bound to cry not until she heard a knock from the outside. A thought that it might be Kouvoh made her cry and shake in fear.

She heard a knock again and again, she has no strength to stand and open the door for that person.

"Kharryl, Hija? Pinapatawag ka ni Kouvoh..." she heard Nejilda's voice after those knocks.

She calmed herself before she spoke, "susunod na lang po ako manang, medyo masakit lang po ang tiyan ko" she lied.

"Ayos ka lang ba? Bakit parang nag-iba ang boses mo ngayon?" Nejilda asked again.

She cleared her throat, "baka po dahil  nasa CR ako kaya ganito"

"Osige, puntahan mo na lang si Kouvoh sa opisina niya kapag tapos kana r'yan. Aalis na ako" Nejilda bid her goodbye.

"opo, maraming salamat po" Kharryl said and wiped her tears away.

Silence filled the atmosphere, she remained sitting on the toilet. Still holding those pregnancy test.

Hesitating to face Kouvoh or not but in the end, she end up opening that door and found her self walking in the middle of the corridors, way to Kouvoh's office.

She started to hyperventilate when she saw the door. She grip the pregnancy test tightly as cold sweats started to form on her forehead.

Her chest throbbed and started to sob. She knocked when she arrive at the front of the door and twisted the knob to open.

"What took you so long, i've been---wait, why are you crying?" Kouvoh move close to her. He held her face, caging her head between his palm. Both of his thumb strokes her cheek to wipe the tears away while the other fingers of him are on the sides of her neck.

She cried, trying to look away but he won't let her.

"Hush..." Kouvoh said, trying to shush her.

"the test..." she hiccuped "it was... negative" she started to cry again.

She was expecting to see him mad but she remained holding her and keep doing his best to calm her.

After a few minutes, her tears stopped from falling down. She went silent.

"Is that the reason why you are crying right now?" Kouvoh asked, drying the tears from her cheek using his thumb.

She nod in response.

He smiled, "don't worry, it's okay. For now, you have to calm down so we could go to the hospital and go see Doctora Javier for your blood test"

"paano mo nasasabi 'yan ng gan'yan ka kalmado? Hindi ka ba galit sa akin kasi negative?" she asked.

he chuckled, "why would I? Negative in urine test doesn't mean that you are not pregnant. That's why we should go to the hospital and do the blood test to make sure if you are pregnant or not" he explained.