25

“Nejilda?” Kouvoh called for the presence of the old lady.

Few seconds, she appeared. “You summoned me?”

He nod as he rolled his sleeves up to his elbow, “can you find Kharryl? I'll bring her with me.”

Unexpectedly, Nejilda clapped her hand. “Right away, Sir.” she turned and walks away.

Kouvoh shook his head ‘the world was filled by weird earthborn.’

Kharryl embraced the book with a wide smile plastered on her face, “sampung libro sa loob ng isang linggo.” she let out a chuckle, “masyado lang siguro akong mabilis magbasa.”

Seconds of silence was ruined by a knock, Kharryl immediately place the book on the table and went to the entrance. Opening her door, seeing Nejilda with a warm smile.

“Pasok po kayo,” Kharryl gestures her room.

Nejilda shook her head to refuse, “Hindi na, hindi rin naman ako magtatagal rito.”

Confusion is visible in Kharryl's eyes, “Ano po ang ipinunta mo rito kung gano'n?” she asked.

“Pinapahanap ka sa akin ni Kouvoh, isasama ka raw sa lakad niya. Kaya mag ayos ka na ngayon din.” Nejilda announced.

“Bakit daw?” Kharryl asked again.

Nejilda shrugs, “Wala naman siyang iba pang sinabi kaya hindi ko alam.” she pause, “basta, mag ayos ka na. Handa nang umalis ang isang 'yun.”

Kharryl started to cram, “Kailangan ko bang magbihis? Ano naman ang isusuot ko? Teka, saan ba kami pupunta?” Kharryl blurt out.

Nejilda couldn't help but to chuckle, “isuot mo ang damit kung saan ka komportable.”

Kharryl snap her finger, “Noted.” she immediately rush and opens her wardrobe. Examining what could she wear.

She can't decide so she turned to Nejilda who's patiently watching her move.

“Pwede mo po ba akong tulungan?” a wide curve of smile formed on Kharryl's lips.

Nejilda didn't reply but she took a step towards her, then she pulled out a plain white chiffon dress from Kharryl's wardrobe.

“Eto na lang,” Nejilda handed it to Kharryl after she detach the cloth from a loop.

She took it from Nejilda's hold and went to the comfort room. Changing her clothes. The dress sculpts her body figure. She tied her hair like a bun and applied a little powder on her face.

“Okay, mukha na akong tao.” she smiles while facing the mirror then turns away to go out.

“Handa na po ako, tara na po” she said then bit her lower lip not to smile widely.

She was enthused to go out and draw some air inside her lungs. Besides, she repeatedly wanders around the villa everyday and her eyes craved to see something modernistic.

“Come along,” Nejilda went out first and she followed.

The noise of their foot step echoes in every corner of the recidence as they step down from every level of the stairs.