43

A|N: Hello everyone, I’m open for criticism.
If you see any grammatical, punctuation, or typographical problems, please feel free to correct me. Your opinions are greatly valued. Enjoy reading!

•••

“What are you doing here, buddy?” Kouvoh asked his son after he settled down beside South who’s quietly sitting on one of the garden bench.

“How is she?” South asked instead of answering his question. He tried to hid the smile on his lips after hearing that question. The young boy is somehow concerned about his mother’s condition after all.

“She’s... not okay...” Kouvoh replied, gone the hidden smile on his lips.

South nod in understanding, “She will be fine soon.” his son retorted with assurance.

Kouvoh nod in agreement, “I hope so.”

Peaceful atmosphere surrounded them for a moment until... “Dad?” South called for Kouvoh’s attention.

“Yeah?” he briefly replied, glancing beside him.

“You know I never asked anything about her before, right?” South asked as he look up to him.

“Right...” Kouvoh nod his head.

South diverted his gaze on the space “Tell me something about her.” South requested.

Kouvoh clasp his fingers as he place his elbows on both lap and leaned over, placing his chin on his grappling hands. “What do you want to know?” he asked.

“Everything that you know about her. Everything between the two of you.” South replied. “...including the reason why she left me.” South added.

The young boy totally got his personality. Kouvoh felt like he’s talking to an old man most of the time.

Kouvoh sighed, letting out some weight from his chest. “Kharryl is...” he couldn’t help but to smile after mentioning her name “,innocent before she had you.” he chuckled. Reminiscing every thing Kharryl did five years ago. “She couldn’t live a day without doing some household chores. Books are not her things yet after she had you, she would carry a book everywhere. She loves to eat my own made bibingka.” He paused with a smile on his lips, “I can still remember the moment she requested that kind of food. It was midnight when I woke up to get a glass of water and I found her in the kitchen, scanning every food inside the fridge. She was not even aware of my presence. I almost scare the sh*t out of her when I suddenly asked her a question.” He chuckled, “She want bibingka as her midnight snack. So I made some for her despite the fact that I’m not good at kitchen activities five years ago.” Kouvoh told.