13

Kharryl woke up one morning and she's been laying on that bed for almost half an hour. She don't feel like moving or wandering around to do something. All she did was to look at the plain ceiling and blink if she wanted to.

Seriously? Is it part of her pregnancy or what?

She heard a noise from the outside, a knock to be exact.

thinking it was Nejilda, she said "pasok po" giving her permission to let the old lady in.

But she automatically rose up from her bed when Kouvoh opened the door and step in.

"Oh, did I wake you up?" Kouvoh asked.

She shook her head, "hindi, hindi naman. Kanina pa talaga ako gising. Ayaw ko lang pong bumangon o gumalaw. Dahil po siguro buntis ako kaya ganito..."

"then why did you descend from your bed?" Kouvoh asked for the second time.

"Auh, pumasok ka po kasi..." Kharryl scratched her nape and shift her gaze away from Kouvoh's eyes. Hindi niya alam kung ano ang itsura niya ngayon at iyon ang nakakahiya. Ang kaharap niya ay pormado samantalang siya, hindi pa nakapagsipilyo, hindi rin nakapaghilamos o nakapagsuklay man lang para kahit papaano ay magmukha naman siyang tao sa harap ng amo niya.

"Oh sorry," Kouvoh was about to turn away when she spoke again. "Ano po ba ang kailangan n'yo?"

"Well, would you like to go out with us? Laeioun want to purchase some maternity dresses for you" Kouvoh said, eyeing the solid ground. Trying not to make her feel uncomfortable.

"Auh, teka. Hindi pa naman malaki ang tiyan ko para bilhan niyo ako ng mga gano'n. Wala pa nga siyang one month. Baka sumikip lang sa akin kapag lumaki na ang tiyan ko" tugon ni Kharryl.

"We'll buy a new ones when that time come, today, you should go out with us to buy some dress that you will surely wear and make you feel comfortable..." Kouvoh keep insisting.

"Osige po, anong oras po ba tayo aalis?" she said in defeat. Anong laban niya sa dalawang ama ng batang dinadala niya?

"We'll go ahead when you're done doing your daily routine. Take your time, we'll be waiting down stairs. No need to rush, remember that you are pregnant" He evoked.

She nod, "opo"

Tumalikod na si Kouvoh para lumabas, hawak nito ang siradura kaya sumara ang pinto.

After that, she began to fix her bed and do her habitual task.

She's in the midst of stripping her last cloth which is her underwear when she saw a light red colour on that fabric.

Her heartbeat began to accelerate, she's bleeding!

She don't feel any pain yet she's bleeding. How could that happen?

She wore her clothes back and went out from her room. Slightly rushing. Her system is in turmoil.

Both Kouvoh and Laeioun are comfortably sitting on a loveseat couch at the living room and exchanging some chitchat.

She's few meters away from the couple when Kouvoh felt her presence and turned to her.

"Hey, do you need anything? Why aren't you still--" she cut his interrogation by stating her intention.

"I'm bleeding..." she did all she can not to panic while she's admitting that one. 

Kouvoh immediately stood up from his seat, Laeioun followed.

"Where? Do you feel pain or what?" asked Laeioun with his concerned voice.

"Wala po akong maramdamang sakit pero dumudugo po yung ano..." her voice softened and shift her gaze away from the two.

"What? Bleeding where?"

Kharryl lowered her head and bit her lower lip not to utter that word, its too embarrassing. 

"Oh, let me guess. Is it your Vagina?" Laeioun asked.

Her cheek flushed in embarrassment.

"Commander, that's too straight forward" Kouvoh said.

"Oh, is it?"

"yeah,"

"well, it's normal for me to talk like that. I'm a doctor" 

Aren't they concerned about her situation? They don't sound worried at all.

"auh, hello" she intrude between the conversation of the couple.

"It's normal," Laeioun said noticing how worried she is for the baby right now.

"paano po naging normal ang pagdurugo ng ano sa isang buntis?" Kharryl asked.

"What you're experiencing right now is what we call spotting" Kouvoh began to explain.

"you may be right but you are not a doctor" Laeioun said but it doesn't sound offensive. His tone is different.

Kouvoh tsked, "I don't need to be a doctor just to learn about this things. I can educate myself" he fired back

"Alright..." Laeioun struggled.

"Base on what I've read, spotting is one of what woman experiences during her first trimester. You are a surrogate and its understandable that you are experiencing spotting. Experiencing spotting doesn't mean that your pregnancy is in trouble as long as it is early. I think you are experiencing that for my embryo are slowly attaching or your hormones are responding so my advice for you is to lay down somewhere that could make you get off from your feet." Kouvoh monologue.

"You sound like a doctor," Laeioun said and smiles.

Kouvoh chuckled in response, "you are the doctor here"

"yeah, so the shopping is off?" Laeioun asked.

"Nah, we'll go shop together" Kouvoh placed his arm on Laeiouns shoulder and pulling his husband close to him.

"and what about Kharryl?" it was Laeioun.

Kouvoh shift his gaze at her direction, "she'll stay here and rest"

then both man turned away from her and began to talk about random things like nothing happened.

"They're unbelievable..." Kharryl mutter. Witnessing Kouvoh and Laeioun walked  out.