19

“Do you want to play with me?” Little Riyanna suddenly asked Kharryl. She crossed her little arms and waited for Kharryl's response.

Kharryl turned side to side, just checking if she's the person only person Riyanna asked to play with.

“Yes, it's you” Riyanna said when Kharryl pointed herself.

Kharryl nod in oblivious, “okay. What kind of game are you up to?” she asked.

Little Riyanna hummed for a second, thinking maybe.
“What's your name again, auntie?”

“Kharryl Estorninos,” she replied.

“Auntie Ryl, I'll address you like that. Kharryl is too long and my tongue are too lazy to speak for more words” Riyanna stated.

Kharryl struggled, “call me whatever you want”

“Okay, Auntie Ryl. Let's play something nice with Uncle Kouvoh” Riyanna held her hand and pulled it with force to make her stand.

“Something nice?” she asked, trying to balance her speed with the little girls pace.

“You'll know later,”

Kharryl and Riyanna searched for Kouvoh and both of them end up inside the kitchen.

“What are you doing, Uncle Kouvoh?” Riyanna asked.

“Like i've said earlier, I'll make bibingka. Your auntie Kharryl wanted to have some” Kouvoh said.

“And what is that?” Riyanna asked again. Pointing at wide the leafage placed on the table.

“Banana leaf,” Kouvoh replied.

“saan mo nakuha 'yan?” Kharryl asked.

“Somewhere,” Kouvoh struggles.

“Do you want to play with us?” Riyanna intrude.

Kouvoh turned to both of 'em, towering their little figures “What kind of play are you up to? Hmm? Your auntie Kharryl is pregnant”

Little Riyanna rolled her eyes, “it's just a simple game. Mom is nowhere to be found so I asked auntie Kharryl. That game won't harm her pregnancy, I assure you” she tucked the stuff toy under her arm and the vehemence on her face is visible “don't you want to?”

“I wanna join but let me accomplish this bibingka for your auntie first. Can you guys wait for me?” Kouvoh asked.

Riyanna let out a sigh, “okay. I wanna have some bibingka too”

“Great! Now go and have a seat” Kouvoh went back to what he's been doing while Kharryl and Riyanna observed his moves.

They remained unmoved until Kouvoh insert the tray of bibingka inside the oven.

“It's not yet done?” Riyanna asked when Kouvoh closed the mini door of the cooker.

Kouvoh removes his gloves, apron and his hairnet. “Not yet” he replied.