44.2

“Hey, Dad. How long are we going to do this?” Kouvoh heard his son asking.

He fold Kharryl’s white shirt, “Do what? Folding your mother’s clothes?” He retorted.

“No, I’m talking about this wooing thing we’re doing.” South quietly replied. Throwing a glance to the wooden single door of the comfort room where Kharryl is currently in.

“Until she finally give me a chance to prove myself to her.” Kouvoh briefly replied.

South stayed silent for a while before deciding to speak again, “I asked her earlier...” there’s this cliff in his son’s tone that caught his attention.

“About what?” Kouvoh asked.

South hesitated but gave in after a second, “I asked her if she loves you,” Kouvoh stopped himself from groaning since his son kept pausing. Thrilling his system.

“And then? What did she say? Come on, son. Say it.” Kouvoh blabbed.

His spirits drooped when South struggles and said, “I don’t know. You interfered our conversation earlier that’s why she didn’t get the chance to answer my question.” South casually replied.

Kouvoh sighed, “Ask her again next time.”

“Nah, you should find it out yourself. I don’t like repeating my words, Dad.” South  refused.

A typical Lumiere indeed. Kouvoh said in his mind as he continue folding Kharryl’s clothes. Hiding the smirk on his face.

•••

Kouvoh stood at one of the corner inside the public supermarket where Kharryl is currently working as a cashier. Both Kouvoh and South were astounded when they step inside the area earlier. Not just because of a lot of people stepping in and out of the place but also the cheap prices of foods and household merchandise.

“Hey son?” Kouvoh called out for South’s attention.

“Yes, Dad?” South respond.

“Go get two baskets for me. I’ll grab a big cart. Were going to do the grocery spree.” Kouvoh said.

“On it!” South obeyed.

Kouvoh grabbed a cart and began to wander around the place. South who’s carrying two baskets are aftering him.

“Put everything you like inside those basket. If you’re done, pull it and line in your mother’s counter. We’ll meet there.” Kouvoh set up.

“Copy that.” South said and run his way to the candy section.

Kouvoh smirks and resumed his journey inside the supermarket.

•••

Shock and disbelief are clearly written on Kharryl’s face as her eyes trailed to Kouvoh’s big carts and numerous grocery basket filled by different grocery products.

‘He almost sold everything!’ Kharryl screamed in her mind as her lips remained parted in astonishment.

A faint smirk plastered on Kouvoh's face, “Good day, lovely lady.” He playfully stated that snapped Kharryl back to her senses.