22

“Before she lost her consciousness, what did she do?” Laeioun asked Nejilda.

“She's at the garden earlier, watering the plants and flowers. The sun is too high that time, the heat might be one of the reason she passed out.” Nejilda explained.

Laeioun shift his gaze back to Kharryl who's peacefully resting on her bed. “Looks like she can't really survive a day without doing anything.” He noticed.

No one replied, all of there attention are focused onto the surrogate. Silence filled the room for a short period of time.

‘she moved,’ Kouvoh utter in his mind when he notice Kharryl's finger slightest movements. He confirmed it when she move her index finger again. Few seconds later, her body moved and a faint sound escaped from Kharryl's mouth.

All of them stood at the side of her bed, waiting for her to open her eyes.

And she did, slowly. She blinked numerously then shift her gaze to her side—their eyes met. Sharing an eye contact for a second then he looks away.

“How do you feel?”

Kouvoh almost forgot Laeioun and Nejilda's presence, good thing Laeioun spoked.

“Medyo nahihilo pa rin po pero mas maayos na po keysa kanina.” Kharryl replied.

Laeioun let out a breath, “What are you doing to yourself?” he paused, “ please remember that you're carrying a baby.” “our baby.” He don't sound mad but he is.

Kouvoh held Laeioun's hand and gave it a squeeze to calm his partner.

Laeioun sighed again, understanding what his husband wants.

“ I'm sorry, I didn't mean to act that rude. I know you don't want that to happen either. Let's avoid it next time. Understand?” Laeioun asked. Eyeing Kharryl.

She nods, Laeioun let out a breath once again then turns away to walk out. Kouvoh followed without a word.

“Please remind me why did we hire her again?” Laeioun comb his hair backward using his fingers.

“Because we want a baby...” Kouvoh replied.

“Aside from that,” said Laeioun. It took him a few seconds before Kouvoh could speak.

“She needs a job and she's the only person who's suitable for the task we've given.”

“Right...” Laeioun nods.

“Are you mad at her?” asked Kouvoh.

“Not that mad,” Laeioun replied.

“Don't be.”

“I'm trying...” Laeioun blurted out.

Ginoo...”

After hearing that feminine voice and whiffing that sweet scent, the riot inside Kouvoh's system began.

‘ This feeling again...’ he said deep inside.

He heard her foot step then she appeared from his sight, wearing that apologetic and shy facial expression.

“Gusto ko lang sang humingi ng tawad sa ginawa ko noong nakaraan.” She pause “ngayon lang ako naglakas loob na sabihin ito kasi gusto kong pa hupain Yung galit na nararamdaman niyo... kung meron man dahil sa paging irresponable ko.” she lowered her head then sealed her lips, waiting for his reply.

Kouvoh let out a breathe after that earsplitting silence, “You should mention all of those when Laeioun arrives. He was the one who's mad. Not me.” He turned his back and walks away to control his system.

‘stop this feeling... please’ Kouvoh begged in his mind.

Kharryl watches Kouvoh walks away, “hindi raw siya galit pero yung mukha niya halos hindi na maiguhit.” She murmured as Kouvoh slowly disappeared from her peripheral vision.

She held her tummy, “Alam mo, baby. Hindi ko talaga maintindihan ang tatay mo. Ikaw ba? Gets mo siya?” she asked, “gets na gets mo talaga siya kasi ama mo 'yun. Pareho kayong tahimik, nagsasalita lang 'yun kung kinakailangan. Buti nga hindi napapanis ang laway nu'n.” Kharryl blabbered.

“sino ang kausap mo?” Nejilda showed up.

Kharryl smile's , “Si baby po.”

A small curve of smile formed on Nejilda's lips, “kapag nagkaroon ka na ng sarili mong anak, alam kong magiging mabuti kang ina.”

“Paano mo naman po na sabi?” asked Kharryl.

“Nakikita ko na, ngayon pa lang.” Both of their eyes travelled down to Kharryl's flat tummy.

Ano nga ba ang batayan para masabi mong isang mabuting ina ang isang babae? Sapat na ba na Makita mong masaya ang bata sa piling ng kaniyang ina para masabi mong mabuti nga siya?
Sapat na ba ang pagbigay ng mga gustong materyales at pera? Paano ba talaga gampanan ang tungkulin ng isang ina?

Bakit niya nga ba iniisip ito? Magagampanan ba niya?

Mali.

May karapatan ba siya?