12

Kouvoh and Laeioun are both happy about the positive result. They celebrated together with Kharryl but all she could do is to eat, chew, smile and observe.

The couple are too sweet, sharing some plans about the baby's things they should purchase. They bought small clothes, baby bottles and other stuff for the baby without knowing its gender.

The excitement are overflowing, she can tell. That glimpse of happiness in Kouvoh's eyes never disappeared even just for a second. He would smile twice bigger than the usual when their eyes met.

God, he look happier.

She yawned in drowsy, Kouvoh noticed that so he put those material back on its place went close to her.

"Your eyes are languid, wanna sleep?" Kouvoh asked.

She shook her head, "tapusin niyo na muna ang pamimili niyo. Matutulog na lang ako pag uwi natin mamaya"

Kouvoh turned to Laeioun's direction, "commander!"  he called for his husband's attention.

"yeah?" Laeioun replied.

"Kharryl is sleepy, let's go home" Kouvoh asked.

"Go and take her home then, let her rest. I'll purchase all of this first then i'll come after" Laeioun said.

"Okay, stay here. I'll be back to pick you up" Kouvoh said to his husband.

"Okay, go. Travel safely"

They went out from the mall in silent, walking straight to the parking lot where Kouvoh left his car.

Kouvoh took out the key from his pocket and press it to unlock his car.

Kharryl was confused when they went to the same direction which is the passenger side but her question was answered when Kouvoh opened the door for her.

She smiled faintly, "thank you" she whispered.

Kouvoh nod and gestured the seat for her. When she step inside, she let her back rest on that cushioned seat.

Kouvoh closed the door from the outside, turning away and walks around the car to step inside the driver seat.

"Pwede ba akong matulog rito?" She asked. Can't contain her sleepiness.

Kouvoh inserted the key on the keyhole to onset the engine.

"Go on," Kouvoh nod.

"gisingin mo na lang ako kapag nakauwi na tayo para masundo mo na agad si Sir Laeioun" Kharryl whispered and closes her eyes. She didn't heard any response from Kouvoh until she fell asleep.

Kharryl woke up in a soft mattress, she's laying on her bed and half of her body was covered by a thick bedspread. She sat on the bed when she heard that mild noise from the outside. Removing the comforter, she step down her bed and walks toward the balcony. From the inside, she can clearly see and hear how heavy the rain is.

She heard a knock from the door then it opened, it was Nejilda together with one servant who's carrying a tray of soup.

"Nakauwi na po ba sina Sir Laeioun at Sir Kouvoh?" tanong ni Kharryl.

"Ilagay mo ang tray sa ibabaw ng bedside table niya at pwede ka nang magpahinga" utos ni Nejilda.

Sumunod naman ang babae at iniwan sila pagkatapos gawin ang kaniyang trabaho.

"Kanina pa sila nakauwi, naulanan nga lang kaya pareho silang basa pagpasok" Tugon ni Nejilda sa tanong niya.

"Gano'n po ba?" bulong niya "paano naman po ako napunta rito? Kasi sa pagkakaalala ko ay nakatulog ako sa sasakyan ni Kouvoh pauwi rito"

"tinatanong pa ba 'yan? Syempre, binuhat ka niya papasok rito" umirap sa hangin ang matanda pagkatapos sabihin iyon.

"Ginawa niya 'yun?" she can't believe that Kouvoh will do that.

"ay hindi, baka siguro naglakad ka rito papasok habang tulog kaya nandito ka" nagpakawala ng hininga ang matanda "kasasabi ko lang, tinanong mo pa ako"

Mahinang natawa si Kharryl, "kumalma ka na po"

"Kalmado ako," nakasimangot na tugon ni Nejilda.

"Asan po pala sila?" Napasulyap si Kharryl sa pintuan.

"Bakit mo naman naitanong?"

Ibinalik niya ang tingin sa matanda, "magpapasalamat lang po ako kay Sir Kouvoh"

"Si Laeioun, nagpapahinga na dahil may trabaho bukas. Si Kouvoh naman ay nag-aayos dahil aalis. May trabaho" sagot ni Nejilda.

"Pero malapit na pong gumabi..." pansin nj Kharryl ang unti-unting pagdilim ng kapaligiran.

"Walang oras ang trabaho ni Kouvoh," dagdag ni Nejilda.

"ano po ba ang trabaho niya?" muling tanong ni Kharryl.

"aba'y hindi mo pa alam? Siya ang Regional Chief Officer dito sa kamaynilaan. Marami siyang ginagawa, isa na roon ang pagsuri ng mga papeles na pag aari ng mga pasaherong dayuhan sa isang eroplano o barko. Dadaan muna lahat ng iyon sa kamay at kapag may kulang o mali, sigurado talagang hindi makakaapak ang mga dayuhan sa lupain dahil mahigpit silang pagbabawalan ni Kouvoh..." mahabang paliwanag ni Nejilda.

"Wow, ang taas pala niya" usal ni Kharryl, humahanga.

"Oo at sa sobrang taas niya, huwag mo nang abutin pa. Kung ipipilit mo, masasaktan ka" makahulugang mungkahi ng matanda.

Naiwan siyang nakatanga sa kawalan dahil sa sinabi nito. Maging ang paglisan  ng matanda ay hindi na niya napansin.

Ano ba ang nais ipahiwatig ng matanda?