17

All words Kharryl wanted to utter formed on her tongue and stuck inside her mouth. Her lips are sealed, preventing her from speaking.

That three word is for his baby, Kharryl. Pigilan mo 'yang nagwawala mong puso!

She felt suffocated by the tension building between her and him--or is it just her being paranoid? They remained silent until the drive come to an end.

"Get some rest," Kouvoh ordered when she stand down from his car.

"Opo," she was about to step away when she recalls what Doctora Tina mentioned. She forgot to purchase her vitamins and milk.

"Ginoo, nakalimutan pala nating bumili ng--" Kouvoh cuts her speech.

"Don't worry about that, let me handle it. Just go inside and get some rest" Kouvoh motioned the entrance.

"Masusunod po,"

Kharryl woke up in the midst of the night, craving for something delicious yet weird one for the time isn't suitable to eat that food she want.

She went to the kitchen, searching if they have something like that even though it's impossible to find something like that at this hour.

"Do you need something?"

She jolt a little and almost spit a scream when she heard that gravelly voice from behind.

She turned and face that intruder, it was Kouvoh. She let out a breath in relief.

"Sorry for scaring you, I thought you saw me when I opened the door" Kouvoh scratches his nape, continuously decreasing the distance between them.

"Hindi po e," she replied and closes the door of fridge.

"What are you looking for?" Kouvoh stood beside her and opens the door fridge, grabbing one bottled water and twisted the seal open.

"Wala naman tayo nu'n," she whispered.

"Name it," Kouvoh replied after absorbing some water.

"bukas na lang po, wala naman po atang nagtitinda nu'n nang ganitong oras"

"Just name what you want, binibini..." Kouvoh still insist.

Kharryl scratched her nape, "bibingka lang naman po sana..."

Kouvoh went silent after hearing that, who wouldn't? She's looking for bibingka in the middle of the night. That's so weird, isn't it?

"Okay," Kouvoh turned away and went out from the kitchen. Kharryl followed in an instant.

"Ginoo, sa ganitong oras wala pong nagbibinta ng bibingka" she said to stop Kouvoh from exiting the house and search for her bibingka.

"How could you say so?" Kouvoh asked, wearing his leather jacket on.

"Sa umaga lang po kasi niluluto ang bibingka..." she lowered her head when she felt flushing.

"Is that so?" Kharryl nod in response.

The atmosphere filled by silence in a minute, "but you badly want one?" Kouvoh asked again.