26

“I'm glad that I found you...”

Kharryl's heart kept thumping as Kouvoh slowly encloses the distance between them.

He pulled a chair and places it beside hers, she almost suck her own breath when his scent filled her nostrils.

“How are you, East?” asked by Kouvoh.

“maayos naman po, kuya. Salamat po sa pagtanong.” Easton shyly replied.

“Glad to know,” Kouvoh said then turned to face her, “Looks like you already know each other” he nods.

“Opo, Kuya. Akala ko nga—” she panicked and spoke before East could finish his statement.

“Ahh.. ano! Kouvoh!” all of them were startled when caused by her sudden reaction.

She cleared her throat, “Ano kasi...” her gaze moved back to Easton who's waiting for whatever she wanted to say.

“What?” Kouvoh asked.

“May gusto atang ipakita sa 'yo si East,” she's stated.

“Ipakita ang ano po?” he obliviously asked.

“Yung ano...” she pointed his mall bag, “yung assignment niyo...”

All positive emotion disappeared on Easton's face, sadness and pain are visible. She wanted to slap her mouth for that.

“Pasensya na, mukhang hindi ko pala dapat sinabi 'yun,” Kharryl lowered her head.

Small smile curved on Easton's lips as he shook his head, “Plano ko rin naman pong ipaalam kaya ayos lang po...”

“What kind of assignment?” She heard Kouvoh ask.

“Hanapin ko lang po,” he opened his bag and pull out the notebook he was holding earlier. He flip the corver then continuously flipping every pages until he found the last written page. Easton handed his notebook to Kouvoh.

Kouvoh scanned the front page and gave the notebook back to Easton after a quick read.

“I bet guardians are allowed,” Kouvoh said. Easton nods in response, “Okay.”

“Anong ‘Okay’ ?” she asked.

Kouvoh smiled once again that sent a foreign emotion in her system, “I will be there and I will bring you with me.” He stated while looking straight into her eyes.

Isasama niya ako? Pero iyon din ang araw na babalik kami kay Doc. Para magpa-check up. Nakalimutan ba niya?’ those question remained in her head until that day ended.

The day goes by so quick, Friday arrives. She prepared for this last night and now, she's ready to go for a check up. A knock interrupted her moment, the door opened and Kouvoh appeared in his white shirt paired with his buttermilk colored jeans.

“Hey there pretty lady,” That smirk on Kouvoh's face made her blush. “Are you ready for today?” he asked.

“Girl scout, palagi akong nakahanda.” she replied then chuckles.