39

A|N: Hello everyone, I’m open for criticism.
If you see any grammatical, punctuation, or typographical problems, please feel free to correct me. Your opinions are greatly valued. Enjoy reading!

•••

Kouvoh was about to step and run away but Alfiana stopped him before he could make a move to chase Kharryl.

Alfiana shook her head, “respect your husband, please...” she murmured.

Kouvoh clenched one of his fist and tried not to curse; grinding his teeth.

“If she really wants to see you, she should be here...” Alfiana added.

That hits him hard, he sulked and did not try to move. Eyes are on the main door. Hoping and waiting for her to step in.

“Go, carry your child.” Alfiana whispered.

Kouvoh snapped back to his senses, he turned to Laeioun who’s patiently waiting and observing him.

He extended his arm, “Let me carry him.” Kouvoh said as he made his way closer to Laeioun and the baby.

Kouvoh carries South in his arms, the feeling of fear that the baby might fall from his hold fades away when the baby was finally in his arms, peacefully sleeping.

Somehow the baby made him smile. Kourah was right. The baby is handsome. He got his skin color, the shape of his lips and nose. He wonder if he also got the color of his eyes.

“After Kharryl gave birth to him, he did not cry.” Laeioun suddenly broke the silence.

“What?!” Alfiana and Kourah exclaimed at the same time.

“Why? Is there any problem with the baby?” Kouvoh concerningly asked.

Laeioun smiled, “No, he is healthy baby boy. Maybe because he is calm and sleepy to cry.” the man chuckles, dropping his eyes on the baby.

“Thanks, God.” Kourah said in relief.

“Then we can still witness his first cry?” Alfiana asked, feeling enthused.

The smile on Laeioun’s face fades away, “He cried for the first time a while ago.” Laeioun’s gaze settled back to him. “When Kharryl left...” he added.

He felt a pang on his chest so he looked away, diverting his attention back to south.

Everyone stayed silent until Kourah made her way closer to them, Kourah smiled gently as she took the baby away from Kouvoh’s hold.

“Let me have him for a while, you and Laeioun needs to talk.” She said and walks away. Alfiana stopped before him, tapping his shoulder, “settle things between the two of you.” she said, smiling; then walks away. Leaving the two of them behind.

Kouvoh cleared his throat to break the silence, “Lets discuss some matter in my office, shall we?” he motioned the way.

Laeioun nods, “sure, lead the way.” the man manage to smile.