(New) Chapter 14: The Workshop; Part 3

Braun looked over at the newly forged prosthetic that was created for (Y/N). The young man in question was still comatose, and his body was recovering from the surgery that left the man with extra organs, such as having a second heart and a third lung. Luckily for (Y/N), these organs were grown using stem cells from him, thus eliminating the risk of his body rejecting the new organs.

         Along with the new organs, (Y/N)'s stomach was modified with a serum that Braun had dubbed "Iron Stomach". The point of this was to give the individual an increased resistance to rotten or poisoned food.

         Braun sighed and stretched slightly as he crossed off another step on his list of tasks. It looks like that the young man that was laying on his operating table was shaping up to be another successful operation and experiment. Perhaps, if he was lucky, (Y/N) will surpass the doctor's masterpiece. But only time will tell...

          Dismissing any negative thoughts from his mind, the scientist walked towards the operating table to go and inject an increased dose of each serum, making sure to do so slowly so that the body won't react negatively to the enhancements. While injecting the final serum dosage, Braun looked over at a calendar and smiled to himself.

         "Another three days, then the armor and combat uniform will be completed," he smiles, then takes the now empty syringes out of (Y/N).

         The young man stirred in his medically induced coma, murmuring something about Lucia. Braun thought nothing of it, however, he forced himself to stop when he noticed the raging erection on his patient. The scientist sighed, then turned away and sat at his computer, working on the program that was forging the new armor. Based on the request of (Y/N), Braun went to work on adding the paint scheme to the power armor as well as the markings of rank and unit.

          After a few minutes had passed, the color scheme and markings on the armor's 3D model was completed. And so, when the armor itself was completed and assembled, the final step of the program would kick in and paint the armor based on what was inputted on the computer.

          Stepping back to admire his work, Braun soon returned to (Y/N) after a moment of silence. Luckily for the doctor, (Y/N)'s erection had died down, now making Braun's job just a little easier.

          He observed the once 6'3" young man and smiled as the transformation process continued on smoothly. (Y/N) had now reached 6'11", and was quickly approaching the built in limiting factor that the multitude of serums had imposed on the body. Without those limits, the patient would experience excruciating pain. A pain that would persist until death. The limitations factors also aided in lowering the risk of mutations, however the chances for mutations remained. Braun had yet to perfect the serums but all of them had reached very safe levels thanks to the many years of research that he had been able to conduct relatively freely whilst in Atlas.

           Suddenly, a beeping sound brought Braun from his thoughts and prompted him to investigate it. Finishing up with (Y/N) for the time being, he walked over to the weapons workbench and was greeted with Hellfire's successor; a lightweight .50 caliber machine gun. The doctor struggled to lift the weapon, despite it being lightweight, and pulled back the firing pin and checked it over before conducting a dry-fire test. Smirking at the success, he loaded the weapon with practice rounds and went to a makeshift range that he had built specifically for testing out weapons.

          Mounting the new weapon on a tripod for the time being, Braun loaded up a magazine full of practice rounds, pulled back the firing pin and fired a burst. Smiling, he picked up a notepad and marked the burst test as a success. Moving on, he got into position and fired off the machine gun continuously to gage the heat tolerance of the barrel and to see if the weapon would jam. Luckily for him, the weapon would not jam, however the barrel had issues with overheating.