(New) Chapter 20: Heavy Metal Mayhem

Scowling and sitting in a corner with his girlfriend, (Y/N) found himself, much to his displeasure, in team RWBY'S dorm, listening in as the team held a discussion while also drowning out the unnecessary dialogue that the girls had.

       Lucia looked up to her boyfriend and smiled sheepishly, knowing just how irritated he was. She gave him a squeeze of her hand, as if sending an apology message to him. However, it didn't work as he grumbled and looked away, still miffed at the whole occasion.

       "Babe," Lucia spoke softly, "they're our friends. And they'll need our help."

       "The best 'help' I'm willing to give them is my advice to stuff it and drop the investigation," (Y/N) muttered, "people are going to get hurt unnecessarily. Plus, I'm tired as all hell, so I'd like for this to go by quickly."

       "Why are you so tired anyways? It's not like we did that," the wolf girl giggled.

       "I've had only a grand total of one single bloody hour of sleep last night," the young soldier grumbled, "not because I didn't find the bed comfortable, but rather due to the constant knee jabs to my crotch. I might be tough and all, but one good hit down there will knock me down, hard."

       Lucia giggled, however a glare from her boyfriend told her that enough was enough. She knew that (Y/N) had been worked thin, managing the consistent high grades along with perilous missions and a love life, so her request of him essentially babysitting their four friends was probably a bit much. The wolf faunus sighed and decided to set the issue aside and figure out a way to repay her boyfriend.

       "Alright guys!" Ruby exclaimed as she jumped from her bunk bed, "Today's the day! The investigation begins!"

      "Whoop-dee-fucking-doo," (Y/N) grumbled quietly, prompting Lucia to jab him in the side.

      "Well, I'm glad that we're taking this seriously," Weiss piped up.

      "Hey, we got a plan," Yang chimed in, "...that is moderately serious."

      (Y/N) grumbled again, prompting Lucia to jab his side harder.

      "Riiiiight," Ruby spoke up again, looking at each of her teammates, and other friends, "everyone remember their roles?"

       "You and I will head to the CCT to check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be any problem," Weiss spoke up, laying out her and Ruby's part of the plan.

          "The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and to get new recruits," Blake added, "if I can get in, we can hopefully find out what they're planning."

         "I got a friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale," Yang jumped in with a grin, "getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard."

         All four girls of team RWBY nodded then turned to face Lucia and a still sulking (Y/N).

        "How about you two," Yang prodded, looking over to Lucia first.

        "I intend to support Blake, since I am a faunus, obviously," Lucia replied, "my Semblance will also likely come in handy for additional information gathering."

        "Great!" Yang grinned, turning to face (Y/N), "Looks like you're stuck with me, big boy! I'll bring you to a place that'll be sure to raise your mood."

        "As appealing as that sounds, I'm taken. If Lucia and I kissing each other on a daily basis wasn't enough proof," (Y/N) replied with a sigh.