(New) Chapter 5: The Beacon of New Beginnings, and The First Trial

"Run (Y/N)! Run!"

"Tank!"

          "Get out of here while you still can!"

          "Leave me... I've run out of track a long time ago..."

          "There's too many!"

          "Arty incoming!"

"They've got James! Oh God! Oh God! (Y/N) do something!"

"Sir! Help us! My son's been bit by those things! Huh? No. No. No. No! No! No! Don't kill him! Please!"

          "Mom! Dad! Anyone! Help me!"

          "Don't let them get me... I don't wanna go... not like this..."

"You're going to Hell for what you did to my family!"

          "(Y/N), big sis will always be with you, got that? No matter what happens... I'll be there.... I'll be there."

          On an airship headed to Beacon Academy, the young soldier had been sleeping in a lonely, though vacant corner. Surprisingly, instead of being violated by an obsessive shadow demon, (Y/N) had one of the many nightmares he frequently had back on his home world.

          Most of the times were when a certain smell or sound triggered a memory. (Y/N) hated it. He hated the nightmares, he hated the constant haunting of the ghosts of his past, he hated the shadow demon that resided in his dreams, but... he hated being alone and having no one to talk to, the most. Five long years of loneliness...

         (Y/N) stood up and stretched before making his way towards the railing to take his mind off of things.

Gazing in the distance, the young soldier saw the life that his world was devoid of so long ago. He smiled as he saw the cleanliness of the environment, he saw exotic birds flying about, their vivid colours sticking out from the surrounding environment.

          (Y/N) felt... happy. Something he hadn't felt for a long, long time. It was refreshing for him.

         The young man went off into his own thoughts, later being joined by a newcomer. (Y/N) nodded in acknowledgment, taking a glance at the stranger.

 (Y/N) nodded in acknowledgment, taking a glance at the stranger

This picture doesn't belong to me, by the way.

          Surprised, though not wanting to be rude, (Y/N) began looking around, his gaze sometimes returning to study the girl beside him. She was a Faunus, a wolf Faunus to be specific. (Y/N) took a crash-course lesson from Ozpin and Ms. Glynda Goodwitch the night before, briefly learning what the Grimm were, what the meaning of Aura and Semblance was and of course learning about the Faunus as well.