(Old) Chapter 4: A Team of Girls... oh my....

(Y/N)'s POV

My little flight in the air was an experience never before felt. With virtually a bird's eye view, I was able to get a sort of bearing in the forest. However, I had to do something quickly because the ground seemed eager to meet me, and brutalize me as well. Having planned it out on top of the cliffs, I knew that I was going to have to do a tuck and roll sort of landing.

Once close enough, I bent forwards, and rolled before tucking in my legs. The landing was a little rough, but it was by far, way better than grabbing a tree's branch or just landing directly without any plan.

Getting up, I checked my rifle and pistol. They were both in place and intact. Those things could really take a beating if they wanted to, I guess. Suddenly remembering what I needed to do, I rushed off to where I believed the temple would be.

My objective was to find a partner and to collect a relic from a ruined temple in the Emerald Forest, and to murder whatever these 'Grimm' might be.

Well, whatever I might encounter, I'm a soldier and I won't be stopped by anything that easily. I kept on running until I finally found ruins. I immediately checked the size, and style of the wrecked building and I determined it to be the temple.

After about a minute, I went in the ruins and found a chess board with several game pieces. I assumed that they were the 'relics' since they were completely out of place and due to the sheer fact of why a game is set out in the middle of a sprawling death trap.

I decided to pick the queen piece because of its role. It's by far the best piece in your arsenal. It's moves aren't limited to any one direction, meaning that it can adapt to any situation appropriately. It can go on the offensive, but it can also be an excellent defender. The queen is the most versatile.

I placed my piece in a back pouch of mine, and I exited the temple when I came face to face to face with Yang, and Blake.

(Y/N): Oh, hello there!

Yang: Heya (Y/N)!

Blake: Hi.

(Y/N): The relics are chess pieces, just to let you know.

Yang: Thanks, (Y/N)! Hey, where's your partner?

I scratched my head in embarrassment.

(Y/N): Yeah... about that... I actually haven't made eye contact with anyone... until now, that is.

Blake: So... I guess you're with us?

(Y/N): Seems to be the case.

Just then a blonde boy along with a red haired 'spartan'(?) came on to the scene.

Yang: Hey Jaune.

Jaune: Hiya!

Short introductions were held, I didn't say much because I was more focused on not getting sidetracked. However, I ended up getting sidetracked because screaming was heard in the distance. Normally I would've went to go and help, but the source came from high up in the sky.

Well shit! I had no experience in catching anyone from any height, so did Jaune, from the looks of things. However he stretched his arms out and tried to catch someone that looked like Weiss. The blonde boy failed miserably and it resulted in him sucking dirt and with Weiss using his back as a cushion.

Weiss: My hero.

Jaune: My back...

I laughed as silently as possible, only to stop when I saw Ruby come down as well.