(Old) Chapter 1: I was in a gunfight you see...

(Y/N)'s POV

I woke up, panting heavily. That day still haunts me... and pains me. I looked down to my right, and saw the cybernetic arm that took my original's place, I still remember vividly how it looked. I shook my head to clear out my thoughts of last year. I was sixteen then, just a boy turned man way to quickly. I was in JTF2 at the time, a sergeant. I'm still in JTF2 because it's my job, but this time as a 17 year old lieutenant.

Apparently, I was one of the youngest to achieve the rank. I looked over to my digital clock that was on my bedside table, and saw that it was 3:30 ante-meridian. Groaning, I got up and decided to do some exercises. The explosion on that day may have damaged me, but I was able to be repaired easily... by military standards. My body was originally littered with shrapnel, but they've been removed. And as you know, I have a cyber arm to replace the one I lost.

That arm... is one of the greatest but also one of the worst things for me. I was able to do everything, and since I was in the Armed Forces, the arm has been designed to take hits from bullets. The explosion however, has changed me. I never told anyone, but I now have the ability to control fire, as well as resist fire. I also have no idea why, but I can also seemingly refill my ammo to full capacity in all of my mags.

When I was alone one day, I found that if I merge my fire controlling abilities with my gun, I can make incendiary rounds. So that was a bonus, however, one that needed to stay hidden so I won't get grilled by my superiors.

A few minutes later, I had done about 100 push-ups and I was about to move onto sit-ups when I heard a voice at my door; Major Henry Lewis.

Lewis: Lieutenant! Get up and get ready! You're going on a mission today; a cargo ship raid. I'll brief you and the others at 400 hours, so be there!

(Y/N): Yes sir! I'm getting ready!

The Major huffed and walked away. I quickly got off of the floor and raided my closet, then put on my combat attire: standard black combat fatigues (along with hood), black combat boots and my black combat mask with a skull painted on its face. (Look at the cover page to get an idea).

After having changed, I bolted to the armoury to get my AR-15 assault rifle with a hybrid scope and my ever so reliable M1911 pistol. My rifle, I lovingly named it: Hellfire. My pistol on the other hand, was named: Ol' Reliable.

I gathered up other essential materials in different areas in the base, such as frag grenades, and incendiary grenades. After my little weapons gathering spree, I proceeded to head to the briefing room.

Upon arriving, I saw many others sitting, itching to go into action. I took my place beside a few of my squaddies and made small talk until Major Lewis entered the room.

Instinctively, all of us stood up and gave a salute. He returned it obviously and proceeded with the briefing.

Lewis: All right boys, here's the mission; all of you have been told that you're raidin' a cargo ship. Well that's certainly true, but this one's a priority. The ship's been hijacked by a third party, probably a war hungry nation... anyway, your mission (should you choose to accept it), is to liberate the crew and neutralize the hijackers. Lethal force is authorized. Now, any questions?

(Y/N): Excuse me sir, but what is the ship carrying?

Lewis: As much as I'd like to tell you... the info's classified. Even I don't know what's being stored aboard the ship. Any other questions?

None of us said anything.

Lewis: Alright, then you better be going now, the Chinooks are bringin' you there. The ship's nearing the coast of Victoria island, it's still in international waters, but it's getting pretty close. So you'll have to make quick work. Dismissed!

With that, we all got up and went to the transport choppers.
---------------------------------------------

(Y/N)'s POV

We spotted the ship right away; it was a big black splotch on the calm ocean below. The weather was calm, which was good for us. However, calm weather is a double-edged sword; they could see us too. As we got closer, the higher the risk of us getting shot at.

Eventually, we got so close, the 'pirates' I suppose, started firing at us with small arms. Nothing harmful really... well it was until some started shooting RPG projectiles at us. We decided to land at the ship's bow section to minimize the chances of taking hits. While it was a good idea, it meant that we had to hurry more because we were on a time limit.

Me and my buddies rushed quickly but carefully through the maze of containers, occasionally pumping a hostile full of lead. I was in the lead, because I was the only officer present on the left flank. Using hand signals to transmit orders, we slowly made our way to the bridge.

The team on the right flank would take care of rescuing the hostages and eliminating the threat below decks.

We made it to the bridge just as the extraction team found the hostages. I received a hit to my cyber arm, and quickly pulled into cover. I checked to see if any damage was done, but to my relief, there was none. I decided to be more careful; my arm may be resistant to some bullets, but it's not indestructible.

(Y/N): Trenton, throw a 'nade in there. A bang and clear. Got it?

Trenton: Sir.

Trenton walked up to the door and threw a flashbang in the bridge. We waited a few seconds, waiting for the bang, and when it did, we rushed in and incapacitated the hostiles.

I rushed to the ship's controls and tried to slow the ship, or at least: turn the thing around. Meanwhile, Hendrick was interrogating who appeared to be the leader of the group. Unfortunately we didn't get any answers.

It was then that my radio started crackling.

Anthony: Sir! *static*, we need assistance! Too *static* bomb found *static*.....

Not responding, I left my second in command: Selina, in charge of the team while I went down to assist the extraction team.

I just got down to the main deck when a massive explosion ripped apart the front of the ship, sending containers and other unrestrained objects to be sent flying. The sheer force of it sent me high into the air.

When I landed, it was in the water, and before I faded into darkness, the ship once again erupted into a flurry of flames.

I thought that I was dead until I woke up....

---------------------------------------------

What do you think'll happen to (Y/N)? Where do you think you've woke up at?

All questions will be answered next chapter. I hope that you enjoyed this one and like always: I'll see you in the next one!

-BlackAngel44 🇨🇦