(New) Chapter 11: Operator

(Y/N) looked on at the interaction between the two sisters, and smiled somewhat, knowing that they had years to catch up on.... while also dealing with the years of trauma.

           The soldier sighed, slowly feeling the exhaustion creeping into him. He looked back up to the two girls. Lucia was crying silently and hugging her little sister tightly. With each sniffle and shaky breath, the wolf-girl's shoulders shook. (Y/N) reached out to gently pat her back reassuringly, but he stopped, and held his hand out.

          He pulled back and settled into a more passive stance, choosing only to silently observe the sisters.

         "(Y/N)?" Lucia suddenly called.

         "Hmm?" (Y/N) faced her, his mask still being plastered to his face.

         "Thank you..." Lucia said, her voice shaking somewhat.

         (Y/N) stayed silent, only nodding in acknowledgment, unsure on what to say.

         Suddenly, his scroll began to ring.

        (Y/N) picked it up without hesitation.

        "Yeah?"

        "We got trouble", a familiar voice echoed through to (Y/N).

        "Professor Ozpin? What seems to be the problem?"

        "A gunfight between heavily armed White Fang insurgents and law enforcement has erupted downtown," the professor stated with a grim tone, "police and civilian casualties are piling up rapidly. I need you to intervene and prevent many good lives from being taken needlessly."

       (Y/N) nods and hangs up. He then stood up and slung 'Hellfire' over his shoulder.

       Lucia looks up at him with worry.

       "Honey...?"

       "I'll be fine, darling~" (Y/N) said, hugging Lucia gently, "I'll be back soon. I just need to take out the trash..."

       The wolf Faunus nodded in understanding, a serious expression on her face.

       "Just come back safe."

       The young man could only nod before he left the hospital, making his way to the gunfire exchange downtown.

       Officer Miller took cover behind her squad car's door, the piece of metal serving as a bullet sponge. The woman peeked through the shot up window and fired off a few rounds from her pistol. Unfortunately for her, the bullets did very little against the White Fang who had also taken cover.

         "We need help!" Miller shouted into her radio, "We can't get behind those bastards! Every time we move, many of our guys get torn to bits by that rotary gun!"

         Static greeted her.

        "Shit!" She looked over and quickly took cover as a hail of bullets whizzed past her, ripping her police cap to shreds. Unfortunately for her, those bullets ended up finding a target in the form of her husband who had been in the middle of transitioning from a piece of cover to another position.

         Miller's eyes widened. Her whole world slowed to a halt as she watched her husband crumple into a messy heap.

        "NOOOOOO!!!!!"

         Meanwhile, (Y/N) was rushing through the crowded streets, pushing past panicking civilians. The further downtown he went, the more civilians serving as obstacles. Along with the screams of the panicked, (Y/N) noticed the increased volume of gunfire.