(New) Chapter 1: The Lone Gunman

Hello everyone! RedImperium here. Thanks to all of your input, I've decided to undertake the re-write. A few heads-up; this will still be a Male Reader insert story, however without the POV changes. It will remain in the third-person, and as for dialogue, I'll be changing my formatting.

          Now here's the new description:

       "(Y/N) (L/N), a Japanese-Canadian 38-year old 1st Lieutenant in Canada's JTF2, has survived countless encounters over his long 8-year career. From fighting a small army of terrorists alone when in the Canadian Army, to parachuting into a crossfire between two American spec-ops units, one rogue, the other allied while in JTF2.

         Having planned to retire from the special forces in 2019, he and his squad were called in to investigate a supposed 'uprising' in an allied African nation. At first glance, it would seem as if they were going to enter combat with armed insurgents.

         They couldn't be more wrong.

        Upon arrival, they found detachments of different special forces as well as highly skilled mercenaries firing into a horde of civilians, whom were infected by an unknown virus.

         By 2021, the virus had taken the world, leaving very few survivors, (Y/N) being one of them.

         It is now 2026.

         Venture forth as you survive in the apocalyptic world along with mysterious powers obtained from an accident... and eventually find yourself in a very different place..."

         Anyways, now that that's been dealt with, I hope you'll enjoy this 'new' beginning to your adventures.

         *Please note that any pictures I may use aren't owned by me, unless I state otherwise, and since this is an alternate RWBY universe, I may change things in accordance to your sudden appearance in their world (example: White Fang may be featured more often as (Y/N) goes out on a one man rampage, etc.)

         Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------

           On a highway, in the Canadian countryside, a repurposed black Ford Mustang was roaring down the asphalt, weaving in and out of the numerous abandoned, totalled cars. This car had seen better days as it was riddled with holes... rather its armour plating, which was salvaged from old shipping containers. On the front, a medium sized ram resembling a steam train's plow was riveted, and welded on for extra reinforcement. The windows were also covered with armour plating, already enhancing the protective capacity the bulletproof windows provided. Said windows were salvaged from an old armoured car belonging to a stereotypical rich prick. The tires were also ripped straight off of an old Jeep which was filled with the torn up, bloody remains of fleeing US civilians, including one soldier whose weapons were all weapons empty.

         Inside the Mustang, dubbed 'Road Warrior' due to the occupant's interest in the Mad Max franchise, a lone soldier sat, a grim expression stamped all over his scarred face. His silver eyes shone brightly as the sun looked down on him, his graying (H/C) hair held a recently cut look to it.

         The man gripped the steering wheel tightly as he looked over to his right, looking over the empty space that once held seats but now contained his survival gear which included his primary weapon, a heavily modified custom C8A3, his sidearm, a Sig Sauer P226. Combined with the two, the former JTF2 Lieutenant had a tactical combat knife, two remaining flashbang grenades as well as two frag grenades. Other gear included a large jerrycan, a sleeping bag, a tent, and a winter coat, all of which was stuffed into a big bag, minus the jerrycan.