Halloween Special Part 1: Of Monsters and Men

It was a cold and dreary morning within the territory of the Remnant Reclamation Government. For many people living within the heavily fortified city built from the ruins of the kingdom of Vale; the day was just beginning. To some, it would be a day of arduous labor. And to others, it would be a day of training. Regardless of it all... everyone was working for the greater good.

        Soldiers patrolled the streets, occasionally stopping people to check their IDs, their health or perhaps even learn of situations that might be detrimental to the general populace. The Black League, while sounding sinister, was the best thing that ever happened for the people.

       Led by the High Marshall, a formidable man wielding mighty power armor and a vast array of powerful weapons; this veteran of the War of Reckoning between the Four Kingdoms and the malevolent forces of Salem united the people of Vale and brought them under a single banner once more with the aid of several Hunters and Huntresses, many of whom soon became the first members of the Council of Unity.

       However, known only to those within this fortress state, the Black League seeks to reclaim the fallen nations and systematically exterminate the vile monsters that had destroyed so many lives.

        That was the High Marshall's vision. And his people would be damned if they didn't work to help him realize a world truly free from Grimm and the traitors whom aligned with Salem.

       The people of this new state were prepared for anything; they were well fed, skilled and trained in at least some form of combat should the main lines fail. All of this for the greater good.

----------------------------------------------------------

         "High Marshall," a voice called out suddenly, breaking the silence and bringing a sinister pair of eyes to focus upon the man who spoke.

        "Speak swiftly Director," the High Marshall spoke, glaring at the man through the lenses of his power armor's helmet, "I do not have much time, I must attend the trial."

        "I understand, sir, but I bring you news of our projects. Some of the news cannot afford to be set aside and ignored.."

        The armored Marshall took a moment to contemplate his next decision, then he turned to face the Director.

        "Go on. You have my attention."

        The Director nodded, immediately getting to the point.

        "Starting with the good news; your Black Legionnaires have been fully assembled, trained and equipped. They stand ready to obey every order that you give. Currently, they are awaiting deployment along with the Storm Guard. In short; your armies stand ready to deploy and strike at our foes should it be necessary."

      The High Marshall nodded quietly before deciding to continue walking while gesturing to the Director to follow along and continue giving his report.

      "And now for the unfortunate news," the Director sighed, growing worried as he began to speak once more, "the Vengeance Weapons Program has failed to complete the prototype on time due to sabotage from within."

       The High Marshall suddenly stopped his walk, turning around to face the Director.

      "Sabotage?!" the High Marshall roared, scaring the Director considerably, "are you not in charge of ensuring that our foes do not set us back?! Damnit Jaune! What am I paying you for?! Why am I keeping you around?!"

       "I-I I'm sorry, (Y/N)," Jaune, the Director of the Vengeance Weapons Program stammered, "but you know Weiss; she keeps insisting that there are more peaceful means to deal with our enemies."