(New) Chapter 10: Light In The Darkness (18+)

I know that this one's short, but I needed to get this out of the way. I hope that you'll enjoy this part. The next one should be out soon.

      When Lucia picked up her scroll to answer (Y/N)'s call, she had expected him to be cheerful and longing to see her. What she got was the complete opposite.

       "Meet me at the hospital," the soldier said, a faint sense of urgency reaching through the signals sent between their devices.

       "Wha- why?" Lucia asked, obviously being confused with her boyfriend's tone of voice.

       "It pertains to my mission, but enough of that. Could you pass me to Professor Goodwitch? If my estimates are correct, you should be returning from the Forever Fall forest by now."

      "Uh, well, yeah. We're on our way back to Beacon, but why do you need Glynda?"

      "Mission."

       Lucia sighed, then went in search for the professor. She found her soon after, passing the device and mouthing that it was (Y/N) who needed to contact her.

       Professor Goodwitch brought the scroll up to her ear.

       "What is it? Make it quick, because I'm currently keeping an eye on team CRDL," the professor said, skipping any real form of greeting.

       "It's bad," (Y/N) answered, "I've got many girls here, some of whom are heavily pregnant and some that are injured. I can't handle them all, and I doubt that the airship that inserted me into the mission zone will be capable of accommodating this many passengers."

       Glynda sighed.

       "Alright, I'll contact the headmaster and inform him of your current situation," she stated quietly, glancing over at CRDL, "knowing him, he'll probably pull some strings and get you the help you'll need in a matter of minutes."

        "Alright, that-" (Y/N) was suddenly cut off, "shit! One of the girl's water broke and she's going into labour! I need that medical assistance now!"

       "Affirmative, I'm on it."

        Professor Goodwitch passed the scroll back to Lucia and took out her own. Pressing a few buttons on the device, she put it up to her ear in seconds.

        "Yes?" a voice asked on the other end.

        "Professor, (Y/N) needs immediate assistance. One of the rescued girls' water broke and she's now going into labour. He needs as many medical teams that the hospital can spare."

        "Consider it done."

         (Y/N) was knelt on one knee, trying to lift the pregnant woman, however the action only served to increase her pain.

         "Come on!" he urged, "you can hold it! We're almost at the end! We'll get you to the hospital, and the doctors will take care of the rest!"

        "I can't!" the woman screamed in pain, tears streaming down the sides of her face, "I can't do it!"

        "Yes, you can!" (Y/N) shot back, "I've managed to not go completely nuts in my many years of military service, I've gone through many things people could call hell! I know how much pain you're in!"

       The woman only continued to cry, her screams getting increasingly louder. (Y/N) groaned, but then he looked at the other girls.

       "Alright, all of you, help hold her down," (Y/N) then addressed the pregnant girl, "okay, I need you to breath, deep breaths. Deep breaths. Can you do that?"