(Old) Chapter 3: An opportunity at death... how lovely!

(Y/N)'s POV

           I had just finished my conversation with Ozpin and was on my way to Beacon via airship. Ruby was aboard as well as other people, whom I assumed to be students aspiring to become these 'hunters' and 'huntresses'.

          I sat alone while the others were chatting in their little groups. Taking the chance, I tried falling asleep. Take note of what I said; I tried to fall asleep. Ruby had come and sat beside me, along with a blonde girl with a rather perplexing lavender coloured eyes.

           (Y/N): Hi.

            Ruby: Hi (Y/N)! How you doing? You know I didn't really get the chance to know you... so mind telling me, and my sister Yang here about yourself?

           (Y/N): Sisters? You two look nothing alike, unless you're either step-sisters or one of you has been adopted.

          Yang: We get that a lot. We're step/half-sisters.

          (Y/N): Interesting...

          Yang: Now, I believe that Ruby said that you were going to tell us some things about yourself, Mr. (L/N)...

           Seeing that I couldn't escape, and that it just wasn't me to ignore a conversation, I gave in.

             (Y/N): To keep things short and sweet, I'll only give you a few details. Understand?

           Ruby and Yang both nodded.

          (Y/N): Well, here goes. I'm a soldier in one of the best fighting forces in my world. The military force was called Joint Task Force 2, JTF2 for short. That's all.

         Yang: That was... very little information.

          (Y/N): That's the point.

          Ruby: Aww, come on, tell us more. Please?

          I said nothing, then like before I gave in with an irritated growl.

          (Y/N): Fine. Here's the damned essentials. I'm a lieutenant in JTF2, and also a hero in my home nation of Canada. I joined the military at a young age and I quickly fulfilled my goal of being an excellent warrior.

         Yang: You mentioned something about being this Canada's hero... how did that happen?

        I said nothing, and turned away. I hoped they got the message and would leave me alone, but they didn't. Well, they did, but they didn't; the sisters stayed near me, but they didn't initiate another conversation with me. I closed my eyes and waited for us to arrive at Beacon. Luckily for me, the wait wasn't long.

         When the ship "docked" so to speak, I was the first one off the damn thing and I was greeted by possibly one of the most unique looking castle-like building. It had a sort of fantasy look to it as well as modern architecture. I had stopped dead in my tracks, and remained in that condition until I heard a bang and an angry voice behind me...

         Weiss' POV

          I was walking off the ship casually when some girl in a red dress ran into me, causing the Dust I was carrying to scatter all around.

           Weiss: Hey watch it! Do you know what you've done?!

            Ruby: Uhh...

           Weiss: Ugh! This is Dust, pure and virtually untouched, mined by the Schnee company. MY company! Do you even fathom what could've happened if one or two of these canisters cracked?