(New) Chapter 19: Bad Omens

(Y/N) stood by the window in Ozpin's office, watching as a fleet of Atlesian airships flew in and populated the skies. The young man sighed and stood alongside the headmaster himself along with Professor Goodwitch.

"Respectfully, Headmaster," (Y/N) began, "I do not understand why you sent for me. Did you call me here to watch a fleet of ships perform their operating procedures?"

"As much as you may have liked to gaze at the ships, Mister (L/N)," Ozpin replied, sipping at his coffee, "I have called you here to become acquainted with an ally of mine. You may have heard of him, General James Ironwood."

"Your assumption is correct, Headmaster. I have been holding up my personal promise to educate myself thoroughly on the world's history, more specifically the events that have happened in recent times."

"And it's showing. High nineties across the board, along with a few perfect scores. Your efforts have garnered the attention of the other staff members, more specifically the professors who teach the higher year students. They're looking forward to eventually meeting you."

(Y/N) nodded, silently thanking the Headmaster for his praises before turning back to the continued buildup of ships outside.

"Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels," Professor Goodwitch remarked after a moment of silence between Ozpin and (Y/N).

"Well," Ozpin replied, just as three more Bullheads flew into view, "running an academy and a military makes him a busy man. But yes... those are quite a bit of an eyesore."

A beeping soon brought the attention of the trio towards Ozpin's desk where a holographic message read 'Access Requested'.

"Come in," he called out, causing the holographic message to disappear.

Then, beyond Ozpin's desk, a pair of doors slid open to reveal the man the three of them had been talking about a few mere moments ago; General Ironwood. The sight of a superior officer, prompted (Y/N)'s military training to kick in once again, causing him to go rigid and immediately stand at attention until he was addressed. Ozpin in the meantime however, walked over to greet the general.

"Ozpin!" Ironwood greeted, being cordial since they were old friends.

"General," the Headmaster replied, standing at attention as he addressed the man.

"Please, drop the formalities," the General grinned and went to shake Ozpin's hand; move that was mirrored by the headmaster in question. As the two of them greeted, Professor Goodwitch had moved in closer to be a part of the conversation, all of them showing to (Y/N) that they were all acquainted and on very good terms.

"It's been too long," the General spoke, still grinning before he turned his attention to the other professor, "Ah, and Glynda! It's been too long since we've last met!"

"Oh, James!" Professor Goodwitch smiled, warming up and dropping the formal attitude before informing both men that she would be waiting outside, making her way past (Y/N) to do as she stated.

"Well," the general chuckled, facing his friend, "she hasn't changed one bit."

Ozpin nodded and quietly went over to his desk before speaking once more.

"So," he began as he picked up a mug and kettle, starting to fill it up, "what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas? Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival..."

Ozpin turned to face Ironwood, handing the mug to the man in question.

"Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year" Ironwood began as he took the mug and poured something into it from a flask that he had taken out of his jacket, "Besides, with you hosting, I thought it would be a good time to catch up."