(Old) Chapter 5: -Canada:1 -Bacon:0

(Y/N)'s POV

          I opened my eyes slowly, taking in my surroundings. I was still in team RWBY's dorm thankfully, but I was on a bed. While that may have sounded completely normal, it wasn't. I found out the abnormality when I tried sitting up.

Said abnormalities were my weapons, along with a few grenades, instead of the girls I had 'fallen asleep' with. As well as my bags, I noticed that I wasn't on a nice warm bed, but rather on the cold hard floor, in a corner. I rubbed my eyes and wondered whether I was hallucinating or just dreaming the night before. I brushed out that thought, pushed myself up completely and began fiddling with my AR-15.

I took the gun apart, and began cleaning each piece individually. Once done, I reassembled Hellfire, and admired my handiwork. I loaded up the magazine and cocked the gun, a satisfying click resounding throughout the room. I looked up from my gun and saw that the time was displayed as 6:00. I stood up, and pulled up my combat fatigues. I tied up my boots and walked to the door.

I then looked around for some paper and a pen. When I found the items, I wrote a note to my teammates, saying that I was going out for my morning exercise routine. I placed the note on a nearby desk, then proceeded to exit the dorm. I closed the door quietly, and walked along the halls cautiously as to not wake the other students.

A few minutes later, I had gotten out of the school and began my usual morning 3km jog. I took the liberty of this jog as an exploration experience, since I was still new to Vale. There were many shops, to begin with, some of them being ordinary corner stores, where others were Dust shops. I decided that I would check them out after school, because I had just finished my routine. I looked at my watch and saw that the time read 7:50. I decided to cut my workout short, and to head back to the Academy.

I reached my team's dorm and entered quietly. They were all sleeping, and I decided to let them be. I checked my watch, and saw that the time read 8:15. I grabbed my gear, and proceeded to go to my first class; Mr. Port's. I had absolutely no clue as what to expect, but I figured that I'd learn about it anyways. I just hoped that my team would get up and start getting ready.

*Timeskip brought to you by: (Y/N) singing Maple Leaf Forever.

(Y/N)'s POV

I reached the class at 8:35 and I was greeted by a rather... well-aged man. I immediately assumed that he was professor Port, and quickly found out along with some of the early arrivals that he was indeed, Mr. Port. He greeted me with a wave, and I returned the gesture out of instinct.

        After entering the room, I found a spot among the rows of seats and sat down, waiting for the class to begin. I looked down at my watch a few minutes later and saw that the time now read 8:55. I was starting to get worried at that time: class was about to begin and yet, there was no sign of my teammates. The bell rang and I sighed at the fact that the girls were late... on the first fucking day...

          Class had just started with Mr. Port introducing himself, however the door burst open, and in came my teammates. I facepalmed and shook my head. Mr. Port, unsurprisingly scolded the four and sent them on their way to join me. The four soon took their places, with Blake and Yang at my sides.

          Mr. Port soon resumed his opening/introduction to the course, just like any school would do, the difference being that this was a 'Grimm Combat' class. Well, that's how I understood it. Then, instead of throwing us into the fray and begin to teach us, the good old professor went on about his youth and how he killed 'x' amount of this and that and whatever.

          I had a notebook out as well as a pen, but I quickly scrapped the idea of taking notes when Port started rambling. Most of the girls were distracted with something else, while Weiss was the only one paying attention. Ruby was doodling, Yang kicked back and relaxed, and Blake... could've cared less.