(New) Chapter 18: Rest and Relaxation (18+)

This is a filler chapter. If you do not want to read this and simply continue on with the actual story and get to the action sooner, go ahead. However, that is simply a suggestion. One that I cannot force you to take. There will be one warning as I'm sure the title of this chapter has been enough of a hint.

          Regardless, I hope that you'll enjoy this chapter.

           And yes, the concerned characters are legal age. (Y/N): 19.5 years. Lucia: 20
----------------------------------------------------------

         (Y/N) sat at his desk, pen in hand as he looked over the schematics of his power armor and a supposed addition that Braun would work on separately and send to him at a later date. The young man sighed as he traced over the "gun pack" modification to the power armor with his pen.

         "Christ," he muttered while chuckling quietly, "I didn't even ask for the modification... Braun, you madman."

       He sighed and set the schematics aside, placing them in a folder, which he then slid into a code-locked briefcase that he had bought. Despite the armor having a copy of the schematic stored within it, (Y/N) found comfort in having a spare copy, that way he could come up with design changes and modifications of his own. (Y/N) sighed and looked over at his armor that was standing in his corner of the room, ready to be activated and used in combat.

       Suddenly, (Y/N)'s thoughts were disrupted when Lucia entered the room, covered in food.

       "Are you... alright?" (Y/N) asked as he slowly got up from his desk.

       "Food fight in the cafeteria," Lucia explained.

       "I... I can see that, but that wasn't my question."

       Lucia stopped for a moment, then giggled as she removed some of the larger chunks of food off of her and placed them into a compost bin out in the hall.

       "I'm fine, (Y/N)," she smiled to him, continuing to remove some other chunks of food, "I got domed by a watermelon, but other than that, I'm perfectly fine. I just need a shower now."

        (Y/N) shrugged and let Lucia do what she needed to do before he laid down on his bed and closed his eyes for a moment, simply breathing  calmly and thanking fate that Ozpin didn't have another mission for him. He hummed quietly and listened to his own breathing as Lucia got into the shower.

         He sighed again and relaxed even more as he let his mind drift off to a multitude of subjects, mainly focusing on the ones that reminded him of home. (Y/N) closed his eyes, slowing his breathing and quietly visualized the forms and appearances of his family. The young man smiled and subconsciously reached for the ceiling as if trying to grab ahold of his family. However, as he reached; the apparitions vanished slowly, causing a slight dip in (Y/N)'s mood.

         He was the last of their family line. And he was also the end... at least in the old world; a world that was now one of perpetual torment and chaos. The Canadian liked to imagine that there were survivors left, able to carry on the legacy of humanity. Perhaps even, they'd find a cure of sorts to destroy the affliction that plagued the billions of corpses by reanimating them and slowing their decaying state.

         (Y/N) huffed and opened up his eyes as he looked down at himself, wondering about just what to do with the second life that he was granted. Yawning and stretching, he continued to lie down in bed, just as he heard a notification pop up on his scroll.

         "Ah, go fuck yourself," he grumbled and marked the message as read, "today's my rest day and I intend to spend it all with my girl."

         He went quiet and then he growled quietly before picking up the device to actually read the message. Luckily for the device in his hand, the message was not from Ozpin nor was it a spam message. It was from Blake asking where Lucia went.