(New) Chapter 6: Through the Fire and the Flames

After having changed, Lucia soon found herself by (Y/N)'s side.

         The masked teen intrigued her. Despite being kind to her, (Y/N) held an air of mystery, as if he had secrets that no one would ever know.

        As if sensing eyes on him, (Y/N) looked around subtly to not alert the onlooker that he was aware.

       Noticing the bitch of an heiress in the distance chatting to a female red-haired... spartan, (Y/N) made a mental note to avoid getting into contact with Weiss. He had dealt with a bunch of crap already, and he didn't want to ruin a potentially beautiful day.

         Unclipping a frag grenade from his belt, the young soldier formed another in his free hand, eventually doing the same for his flashbang grenades. Satisfied that he had the amount of grenades that he could comfortably carry, (Y/N) then proceeded to replenish his ammunition in his spare magazines for both 'Hellfire' and 'Old Reliable'. All of this, however, drained the teen's energy by a small, though not negligible, amount. This prompted him to unwrap an energy bar that he found in one of his pockets.

        The brand was one he didn't recognize, and it seemed to have been forced into his pocket by someone. Whether it was a joke of some kind or an act of kindness, (Y/N) didn't really care, so, after checking the bar for signs of tampering, the young soldier consumed it and gained a surprisingly large boost in energy. He hummed in approval, then discarded the empty wrapper into the nearest trash can.

         As the future students made their way towards Beacon Cliffs for their initiation, (Y/N) spotted a few new faces, some of whom probably were on the other arriving airships the day before. Spotting an opportunity to potentially beat the newcomers at their game, (Y/N) began observing them; how the individual carried themselves, what weapons the individual possessed, and, what the individual was wearing.

        Many of the students, he noticed, were wearing armour of varying types, though some wore none. Seeing the different kinds of armour, (Y/N) began wondering if his Armour-Piercing-Incendiary bullets had enough kinetic energy to punch through. (Y/N) hoped, however, that he wouldn't have to find out. After all, every person present was a candidate to get a chance of being a hero to the world.

        (Y/N) shook his head, expelling the positive thoughts. He couldn't allow himself to be distracted. Not now. Not ever. Even with Lucia.

        Exiting the school along with his fellow candidates, (Y/N) found himself looking at the sight of the very mysterious, mug-wielding Professor Ozpin and equally intriguing Professor Goodwitch standing side by side, awaiting the candidates. The two stood equally still, observing the crowd, their gaze lingering on a few individuals as if the two professors have met them before. Once the future students were standing on the silver tiles and each one being shrouded in silence, Professor Ozpin stepped forwards to address them.

        "For years," he said, looking across the candidates, "you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest."

         Emerald Forest, hmm? Interesting, (Y/N) remarked internally.

        "Now, I'm sure that many of you have heard about the 'assignment' of teams," Professor Goodwitch stated, garnering the attention, "well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today."

         Professor Goodwitch put emphasis on 'today', an action that made (Y/N) go slightly on edge... however it seemed that he wasn't the only one affected negatively by the statement.

       "These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon," Professor Ozpin continued, "so it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well."