3

Seasons

September went by quickly. Bella spent her time in her room, staring out of her bedroom window, and I spent my time on the reservation. I made sure to keep Sam informed on any changes Jake was experiencing regarding his upcoming transition, and tried my best to get Jake to warm up to the idea that Sam wasn't really a bad guy.

October seemed to drag on. Jake was bulking up slowly, and I knew that meant his body was readying itself for his first shift. I managed to get Jake to agree to dressing up with me on Halloween, even though he thought dressing up was childish. We spent most of the month out in Port Angeles, looking for suitable costumes. Jacob decided to go as Hercules, hoping to show off his new muscle, and I decided on a werewolf. That earned some smirks from Sam, Paul, and Jared, and a confused snort from Jake.

In November, I helped Billy and my dad organize a fairly large council meeting/pot luck on the reservation. It was a yearly tradition to get everyone together on the reservation to spend time with one another. Rebecca and Rachel were coming home for the holidays, so Jake and Billy were extremely excited.

During the potluck, I was approached by Paul. He asked me to accompany him down to the beach, so he could talk to me. I agreed, following him down to the beach just as the sun began setting on the horizon.

"What's up, Paul?" I asked, looking out at the waves. I could already feel a blush fighting to spread across my cheeks, something that always seemed to happen when I was around Paul.

"Helena." Paul spoke, drawing my attention away from the horizon. He had a small smile on his face as his eyes met mine. "I know you know the stories of the Quileute tribe."

"Of course I do." I nodded.

"And now you know that the stories about the wolves are real." Paul continued, gently grabbing my hands. "Which means you know that imprinting is real."

"What does that have to d-" I started, cutting myself off with a gasp. "Am I an imprint?"

"Yes." Paul nodded, watching the smile spread across my face. "I imprinted on you, Lena. Months ago."

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked, grinning up at him.

"I was scared you would reject it. Paul muttered.

"Paul, I would never." I said seriously. "I thought you were attractive before I knew you were capable of imprinting, and I probably would've made a move sooner if Jake wasn't so ridiculously against you guys."

"Well then, how about a date?" Paul asked.

"How about I give you my number and we can plan something for next week?" I asked, holding up my phone. His eyes lit up, and he took my phone from my hands. He put his number in and then handed it back to me, also handing me his phone as well. I put my number in and grinned, handing his phone back.

"Can I walk you back?" Paul questioned, holding out his arm for me.

"Absolutely." I nodded, wrapping my arm around his.

Our first date happened on December first. It was sweet; Paul took me out to a clearing in the woods, where a picnic was set up. He said Emily helped him plan it out, and while snow fell softly around us, Paul wrapped his arms around me to keep me warm. We got to know each other better, and I could feel the effects of the imprint bond take hold of our relationship.

We spent nearly every day after school together, solidifying our already blooming relationship. It was nice to have someone as warm and inviting in my life after my sister turned so cold. I still checked on her everyday, bringing her food and water before leaving her alone.