2

Secrets

With Bella gone on her honeymoon, my dad and I had to readjust to a quiet house. It was easy to fall back into the same routine as always, except this time around, Paul would come by periodically.

"So," My dad asked on an afternoon where Paul and I were watching a basketball game. "Should I be preparing for another wedding soon, Lena?"

Paul choked on his water, spraying it over the coffee table with a cough. I bit back a giggle and turned to look at my dad in his recliner.

"I don't think so." I hummed. "Not soon, anyway."

"I wouldn't mind." Dad shrugged, turning back to the game. "I like Paul a hell of a lot better than I like Edward."

"I'll, uh, I'll keep that in mind." Paul nodded, wiping the water from his mouth.

"Don't worry," I said, leaning up to press a kiss to Paul's cheek. "I'm not expecting anything any time soon."

====

"How long do you think Bella and Edward will be gone?" Jake asked, turning to look at me with an expectant look.

"I have no idea." I shrugged. "We didn't really talk until she left."

"It's already been a week." Jake sighed. "I hope she's okay."

"I'm sure she's fine." I said. "Edward is obscenely protective of her."

"You don't know, do you?" Jacob said quietly.

"Know what?" I questioned, turning to my best friend.

"Nothing." Jacob was quick to try and dismiss the topic.

"No," I said, shaking my head. "No, tell me what you know."

"Lena, I don't thin-"

"If you didn't think it was important, you wouldn't have said anything." This time I huffed. "What do you know that I don't?"

"Bella wants to turn." Jake caved in. "After their honeymoon."

"She what?" I hissed. "Why would she want that?"

"She loves him." Jacob scoffed. "She wants to be with that leech forever."

"Oh, my God." I said, shaking my head. "Oh, my God. He's going to kill my sister."

"I'm sorry, Lena." Jake sighed, rubbing my shoulder comfortingly.

"Thank you for telling me, Jakey." I smiled softly at my best friend. "Why would she want to turn, anyway? Doesn't she realize how good she has it?"

"No." Jake snorted. "She thinks her life is miserable without her blood suckers."

"To be honest, it kind of was." I sighed. "She really was insufferable during her little episode."

"She was catatonic." Jake chimed in.

"She was a pain in the ass." I snorted. "I hope she really thought about her decision to become one of those blood suckers, because I can't imagine how my dad is going to react to her suddenly dying."

====

"Just a little further." Paul said, giving my hands a squeeze as he led me forward.

"You've been saying that for, like, ten minutes, babe." I giggled, stepping forward steadily.

"Okay, okay." Paul said, pulling me to a stop. "We're here. Let me get your blindfold."

Paul reached over and tugged on the tie wrapped around my face. I blinked for a moment before my eyes adjusted, revealing a beautifully set up picnic.

"Paul." I grinned. "How did you do this without me knowing?"