5

Elements

"There she is." I grinned, catching my rapidly growing niece in my arms. "You're getting big, kid!"

"Hi, aunt Lena." Renesmee giggled, placing a hand on my cheek. "Look what we did!"

I was in a clearing covered in freshly fallen snow, jumping up and catching snowflakes in the palm of my tiny hand. Then, I was hugging Jacob's wolf's leg, looking up at someone on the ridge.

"Very cool, Ness." I grinned. "Did you have fun catching snowflakes?"

"Yes." Renesmee nodded, watching the Cullen's move around the house. "Everyone's leaving."

"I know." I nodded, watching the Cullens pack up some of their things. "But, you're going to stay with your mom and dad, safe and sound."

"Who's that?" Renesmee asked, peering over my shoulder. I turned around, furrowing my brow at the sight of Sam approaching the Cullen residence.

"That's my friend Sam." I told Renesmee, setting her back on her feet. "It looks like he has something for us."

"Sam." Renesmee tested the name. "Is he a wolf like Jake?"

"He is." I nodded.

"Alright." Jacob sighed. "Let's get this show on the... road. What is Sam doing here?"

"I was wondering the same thing." I said, following the Cullen's and Jacob outside to greet Sam.

"Lena." Sam offered me a smile before he turned serious again. He handed Carlisle a piece of paper, taking a step back from the porch. "Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night."

"Carlisle?" Esme prodded.

"They've left us." Carlisle announced, folding the piece of paper in his hands.

"Why?" Rosalie questioned.

"She didn't say." Carlisle spoke, looking down at the piece of paper once more.

"Can I see that?" Bella asked, taking the piece of paper from Carlisle's outstretched hand.

"I should go." Sam nodded. "Lena? Can I take you to the reservation?"

"Yeah." I agreed, turning to look back at Bella and the rest of the Cullens. "Good luck, you guys."

"Thank you, Helena." Esme smiled warmly.

"Stay safe." I told Bella pointedly before I headed over to Sam.

"Come on, kid." Sam snickered, throwing an arm across my shoulders. "Paul's been whining all day about not seeing you."

"Good, because I missed him." I giggled, walking into the treeline with Sam.

====

"Hello?" I answered my phone groggily. "Bella? Are you back from Alaska?"

"Lena, yeah. We're back." Bella sounded on the other end. "Look, there's someone here that wants to meet you."

"Me?" I questioned. "Who is it?"

"One of Carlisle's friends, Benjamin." Bella said. "He caught your scent, and he says he has to speak with you."

"Okay." I nodded, pushing my comforter off of me and getting up out of bed. "Okay, I'll be there in twenty minutes."

"Okay, see you soon." Bella hung up, leaving me to quickly get dressed and downstairs. I pulled open the front door and headed for my truck, wondering why one of Carlisle's friends wanted to speak with me.