5

Cliff Diving

We spent almost a month building the bikes after school. Bella and Jake were off in their own bubble for most of it, leaving me to my own devices. I kept an eye on the pair of them, making sure to keep Jake calm around Bella, and taking note of the slight changes he was going through. I was glad that Bella was finally showing signs of being her normal self again, but I was worried about how dependent she was on Jake.

Bella, I came to realize, was much more like our father than she cared to admit. Like our father, Bella fell in love recklessly. However, just like our mother, Bella managed to forget how much of a hold she has on people. Our father still, whether he admits to it or not, loves Renee. And, just like Renee moved on and Charlie was still holding on, Bella had found Edward, and Jake was the one that was holding out hope.

I could only hope that my best friend was meant to imprint on my twin. Then, Bella would finally be happy and able to move on from Edward, and Jake would get the girl. Both of them deserved the happiness that would come from Jake imprinting on Bella.

Finally, after nearly a month of working, the bikes had been rebuilt and were ready to be properly used. However, Paul had decided that he wanted to take me cliff jumping on the same day Jake and I finished the bikes.

"Will you be okay if I g-" I started, moving the phone away from my mouth to talk to Jake.

"Go, Lena." Jake shook his head. "Bella and I will be fine."

"Okay." I nodded, moving the phone closer to my mouth before furrowing my brow at Jake. "Please make sure you really teach Bella how to use the clutch on the bikes. She's clumsy as hell, Jakey, and I won't forgive you if you let my sister get hurt because you didn't make sure she understood how the clutch works."

"I'll make sure she's alright, Lena." Jake promised.

"Thanks." I nodded, walking into Jake's house with my phone against my ear. "Will you be coming to pick me up?"

"I'm already here, baby." Paul answered. "I'll be by your truck. Take your time... I have something for you."

"See you in a minute." I grinned, darting into Jake's room to grab a bathing suit from my drawer in his dresser. I changed in the bathroom, throwing on a pair of shorts before racing out into the living room. "I'll be back later, Billy."

"Be safe, Lena." Billy said sternly, cracking a smile as I kissed his cheek.

"Always, Billy." I grinned, leaving the house. Paul greeted me with a hug and a kiss on the cheek, and a slight glare as he released me from his arms.

"Where is your shirt?" He questioned.

"I don't want to lose it in the ocean, so I usually go without one." I shrugged.

"Besides, she's got you to keep her warm." A familiar voice sounded. I pushed away from Paul and walked around my truck, catching sight of Embry leaning against it with a smirk. "Hey, Lena."

"No way!" I squealed, throwing my arms around him. "You're part of the pack? I mean, of course you are. Oh, I'm so glad you know!"

"Alright, Lena." Paul said gruffly. "That's enough."

"Relax." I rolled my eyes, unwrapping my arms from Embry's neck. "He's one of my best friends, and one that I don't have to hide things from anymore. Now, Sam won't tell me, but can you really read Paul's mind? Because I want to kn-"

"Come on, baby." Paul cut me off, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and tugging me toward the tree line. "Are we here to talk, or are we going cliff diving?"