7

End

Christmas was here, and the house was full. Sue was here, along with Seth, Jake and Leah, Paul just arrived, and my dad and I were waiting for Bella, Ness, and Edward to join us.

"Hey, baby." Paul greeted, stepping into the dining room where Sue and I were cooking.

"You're under the mistletoe, Paul." Sue pointed up at the mistletoe in the archway.

"Come here, baby." Paul reached out for me. I giggled and headed his way, falling into his awaiting arms. I leaned up, pressing a kiss to his lips with a smile.

"Merry Christmas, babe." I said after I pulled away.

"Merry Christmas." Paul grinned.

"Now, get out of the kitchen." I said, shooing Paul into the living room. "Sue and I are almost done."

After the food was done, Sue sent me out to the living room with the wolves. Bella arrived with Edward and Ness, dropping Ness off in the living room before moving to look out the window in the kitchen.

"Merry Christmas, Ness." I grinned down at my niece.

"Merry Christmas, aunt Lena." Ness giggled, looking down at the gifts beneath the tree.

"Alright, present time." Dad announced, clapping his hands. "Let's go."

"Seth, Leah, Paul, stop eating." Dad demanded, making the wolves groan. "Jake, you start. Get it going."

Jacob handed Ness a gift, watching as she tore open the paper.

"What did you get me?" Seth asked, looking over at his older sister.

"I'm not giving you anything." Leah scoffed.

"Hey, come on." Seth pressed. "What'd you get me?"

"Well, dad, we didn't have time to wrap yours, but here it is." Bella and Edward handed him an envelope. "It's a 5-day fishing trip to Fraser River. It's for you and Sue."

"You leave tomorrow." Edward added. I realized this was their way of protecting my dad from the incoming vampires, and smiled gratefully at my sister.

"Wow, that's really nice." Dad mused. "Thank you. Tomorrow? I can't leave tomorrow."

"I made arrangements for you at work." Sue announced.

"Sneaky." Dad stated. "And extravagant."

"And non-refundable, I'm afraid." Edward said.

"You two trying to get rid of me?" Dad questioned, causing Bella to tense up. "Because it's working! Fraser River, that means we'll be chasing cutthroat."

"We might even hook a rainbow or some bulls." Sue said, sinking into the seat my father was sitting in. She handed him a new beer and looked out at the many faces in the living room.

"Woman knows her trout." Dad mused, looking over at Sue fondly.

"Here you go, baby." Paul said, handing me a neatly wrapped box. I tore through the paper, furrowing my brows at the crushed velvet box that was revealed.

"Paul." I said almost like a warning.

"Open it, baby." Paul urged. I pulled open the box, letting out a soft gasp at the sight of a diamond ring nestled inside. "Helena Opal Swan."

"Paul." This time, my voice came out shaky.

"Will you marry me?" Paul asked, kneeling down on one knee in front of me. I looked away from the ring and looked into Paul's eyes. I nodded, reaching forward and throwing my arms around his neck.