Control

I was sitting with Emily on the reservation, both of us enjoying the warmth of her fireplace while we caught up.

"You'll never believe what I learned." I said to her excitedly.

"Tell me." Emily demanded, handing me a cup of hot chocolate.

"According to Benjamin, one of the vampires that the Cullen's invited, I'm an elemental." I said.

"Meaning?" Emily asked.

"Meaning that I can control the elements." I grinned. "I showed Paul yesterday, and it was amazing. I mean, I can only control trees a little, but it's still really cool."

"You'll have to show me." Emily grinned, her eyes alight with wonder. "That explains how those vampires died."

"Benjamin said we're working on water next." I said, taking a sip of my hot chocolate. "I never thought I'd be getting advice from a vampire, and actually listening to him."

"There are more wolves shifting." Emily blurted, making me furrow my brow.

"Because of all the vampires that are around?" I asked, making Emily nod.

"Sam and Jacob are trying their best, but there are so many new wolves... It's stressing Sam out." Emily sighed.

"How are you doing with the new wolves?" I hummed, looking over at Emily.

"It's like having a bunch of kids." Emily giggled. "But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I just hope that these royal vampires don't cause another battle. I think I'd drive myself crazy if I had to stay on the reservation while Sam goes off to war."

"Don't worry, Em." I offered my friend a warm smile. "My sister is with countless witnesses that can attest to Renesmee's mortality. Well... Her semi-mortality."

"And you think it'll work?" Emily asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "I hope so. I love my niece, and I would hate for them to kill her because they don't understand her."

"I hope it works, too." Emily said quietly, sipping her hot chocolate.

====

"Good." Benjamin said with a smile, watching as I manifested water in the palm of my hand. "Water seems to be the easiest to master."

"Thank you for doing this." I said, looking away from the water in my hand.

"It's not a problem." Benjamin shook his head. "I'm glad to have found someone like me, even if you are a human."

"Okay, so I can control the trees and water." I grinned, dropping the water from my palm. "What's next?"

"Earth." Benjamin said, sinking down to the ground with his hand pressed to the dirt. He raised his hand, bringing the earth with him without touching it. I watched in wonderment as he made the dirt dance in his palm, and Benjamin looked up at me expectantly. "Sit, Helena."

I sat down across from Benjamin, sinking my own fingers into the dirt below me. I felt vibrations reverberate through my fingertips, and an almost shocking feeling through my arms.

"Woah." I breathed, looking at Benjamin's grinning face.

"You're far more powerful than I thought." Benjamin chuckled. "You're picking this up much faster than I ever did."

"This is crazy." I admitted, lifting my hand from the dirt. Some dirt came up with my hands, and I willed the dirt to spin in the palm of my hand. I released the small dirt devil into the air, watching it float down to the earth once more.