4

Kidnapped

After a wonderful day spent with my boyfriend down at the beach, as well as helping Emily make dinner and dessert for the pack, Paul insisted he take me home before it was too late. He offered to take Bella home too, but Jake said that he would take her home later.

"Thanks for today." I said softly as Paul parked his truck.

"No problem, babe." Paul smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"Better." I nodded. "I feel much better. Are you coming in?"

"I have patrol." Paul sighed.

"You be safe." I told him seriously. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Paul smiled, leaning over and placing a kiss on my lips. I climbed out of the cab and into the house, pausing after I closed the door to hear Paul's truck start and drive off.

I glanced around the house, trying to see in the darkness. I noticed my dad sleeping on the couch, and furrowed my brow. It looked like a figure was standing over him in the dark, but when I reached over and turned on the light, the figure was gone.

"Lena?" Dad grumbled, sitting up. "You just get home?"

"Yeah, sorry about the light." I muttered, putting my stuff down. "I'll go make you dinner."

"Thanks." Dad nodded, picking up the case file on his chest.

After making my dad dinner, We set to work cleaning the kitchen. Bella still wasn't home, and I knew that my dad was getting increasingly more frustrated at her absence. I didn't tell him where she was or who she was with, mostly because she deserved to have our father be hard on her for everything she'd done since moving to Forks. As dad dried the last dish, the front door clicked shut. I picked up the dry dishes and put them away as dad went to talk with Bella.

I hummed to myself as I picked up my backpack and headed up the stairs, ignoring Bella as she pulled the front door open again. I went into my room and threw myself onto my bed, eager to curl up in bed and watch some tv. However, just as I was about to get up and change into something more comfortable, Edward Cullen barged into my room and looked around frantically.

"What the hell are you doing?" I hissed, watching him walk around my room. He stopped in front of my dresser, picking up the bracelet that was given to me in Port Angeles. "Excuse me? Hello? Why are you even in here?"

"Someone's been in here." Edward stated lowly, dropping the bracelet back onto my dresser.

"Yeah, me." I scoffed. "I live here. And Paul, my overprotective werewolf boyfriend, and now you."

"Someone I don't recognize." Edward hissed. "Come on."

"If you think I am going anywhere with you, you have another thing com-" Edward rolled his eyes and stepped toward me, cutting me off harshly.

"You and your sister are in danger." He snapped. "Let's go."

"No." I huffed. "If Bella is in danger, then she's your problem. According to the treaty you have with the wolves, I am no longer in need of your protection, as I have theirs."

"Your wolves didn't catch this scent, I did." Edward huffed. "Now, let's go. I have to keep Bella safe, and she refuses to leave without you."

"Tough." I shrugged. Before I could blink, I was suddenly in the backseat of Edward's car with Bella looking at me with a sheepish smile.

"Hey." Bella greeted. I attempted to open the door to leave, finding it child locked.

"Are you kidding me?" I snapped at Edward as he started driving down the road. I reached into my pocket for my phone, but found my pockets all empty. "Seriously? You know, this is kidnapping. My dad's a cop, and you might be a vampire, but he could have you thrown in jail so fas-"